• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a new driveshaft...

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Does anyone have an extra drive shaft laying around? I need to buy one. I figured I would check here before I went out and bought one.

Long story short, I brought the shaft, to have the impeller switched out, to a sketchy boat mechanic who ended up stripping the splines and now I need a new one. I dont really want to get into the details here.

All I have to say is stay away from Bayside Marine service in middle river Baltimore.

A new one on sportsplaza is $299 so that is the price to beat.

Shaft, Drive

6AP-45511-00-00

$299.87

PM me if you have one you want to get rid of.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bummer, I don't have a spare drive shaft laying around but I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. If you haven't already make sure you also buy the impeller removal tool. They are around $25 and slip into the shaft splines so that you can get a wrench around it instead of the splines directly. Don't wait to long on ordering the shaft, you may find it is out of stock at several sources.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry to hear @RobA , good luck on your search. 299 sounds fair though.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks gentleman. I appreciate the advice to order sooner than later. I will take a look around at inventory levels tonight.

mb300sd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still need one? I'm parting out my 1999 LS2000 if it's the same shaft.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

BoaterGuy