• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

need a new ladder

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@maboat maybe it's just who you talk to, they sent me a new strap last year for free,
Humm. :meh: That's even more frustrating :banghead:

But since I've switched to using the ball-bungee I think I like it better. All my passengers seemed to struggle with that tight rubber strap. :( Nobody has a problem with the bungee :) Now if I can just get Windline to send me that 10-cent rubber end-cap without charging me $20 do get it. :rolleyes:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The clock and process has just started for me. I removed the ladder and mount yesterday. It took all of 5 minutes to do, four bolts and the nuts are mounted in the fiberglass. The post office sells a box that the ladder and mount fit perfectly in for $3, shipping with ca was $16. Windline should have it in hand by tomorrow (Thurs. April 10th.). Hopefully i will get it back before May 1st.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Som
Humm. :meh: That's even more frustrating :banghead:

But since I've switched to using the ball-bungee I think I like it better. All my passengers seemed to struggle with that tight rubber strap. :( Nobody has a problem with the bungee :) Now if I can just get Windline to send me that 10-cent rubber end-cap without charging me $20 do get it. :rolleyes:
Some of those metal end caps ca be found at a hardware store or metal shop.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had a similar experience to Maboat once in that I lost one of the plastic parts that covers the rungs/steps on the ladder. I'm pretty sure I ordered the replacement from Windline, it was $7 but the shipping and handling was another $8. Needless to say when someone onboard tells me the ladder is out I don't blow it off anymore, I stop the boat and stow the ladder myself no matter what we are doing or where we are going.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a similar experience to Maboat once in that I lost one of the plastic parts that covers the rungs/steps on the ladder. I'm pretty sure I ordered the replacement from Windline, it was $7 but the shipping and handling was another $8.
Yeah, I seem to have a problem paying more for shipping than the product itself. Just something in my brain doesn't like it :confused:.

Some of those metal end caps ca be found at a hardware store or metal shop.
Mine are rubber caps and I'm sure I could get some at the local hardware store. But I've seen A LOT of these ladders with the same end cap missing. Seems like a common part to fall out. I just figured since so many people say Windline has great customer service they could drop a few 10-cent caps in an envelope without raping me on the cost.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got a new ladder from Windline. As a recap, I emailed Windline about the ladder on April 8th, mailed it to them on the 9th, they got it on the 10th and I received a new one today, April 16th. The total cost to me was than $20, all for packing and shipping (one way, Windline paid to ship it back to me). Got to love Windline.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie I agree with you. I had an issue on my old sea Doo ladder that windline made. I happen to work within a few miles of windlines headquarters. So I stopped in with the original ladder to see if they had a part. I ended up leaving 10-15 minutes later with a new replacement ladder. It couldn't have been easier. I'm glad to see that they still honor their lifetime warranty.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
On new ladders, they have replaced the caps and straps for guys. Even on a few older ones, but I was told by Mandy that those are not warranted parts as they are wear and tear items. Shipping does suck. But all in all, I think Windline provides fabulous customer service and stands behind their products way over what they would have to do. I do agree that the new strap is very tight but it is certainly usable...but kids couldn't strap it down I don't think.