• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

need a new ladder

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Im gonna have to wait till I unwrap to see how a 2013 is mounted

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
so its as easy as removing the frame with 4 bolts and reattaching the new one

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bent mine within the 1st month of owning it, left it down while backing down the ramp. Now its a bitch to get back up when you deploy it. I was concerned about removal and replacement of the unit. Was that a difficult thing?
Thanks for asking, I've removed the ladder from the mount but not the mount from the boat, so was concerned about the latter, especially if I had to some how get a wrench on the end of the nut/bolt that is in the boat.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My Yamaha guy said it was a bitch to change out the frame, we will see. I know the ladder tubes are bent where the bolts go through.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My Yamaha guy said it was a bitch to change out the frame, we will see. I know the ladder tubes are bent where the bolts go through.
Interesting, based on the parts diagrams for your boat, I don't see separate nuts for the mounting bolts. I believe yours is like mine, the nuts are embedded in the fiberglass. If they aren't embedded that would make it a bitch, more work, to replace.

Here is a picture of my stern ladder taken from laying on the ground looking up. The forward mounting bolts are easy to see, the aft bolts are accessed through the holes (size of a quarter) in the frame. My bolts are 13mm.
Ladder 6.jpg

Attachments

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Thanks for that Pic, I cant remember exactly what he said. I believe it was the nuts were not fixed but were in between the swim deck and very difficult to access. You are saying yours were fixed in the hull?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm pretty sure that is what andy is saying. That is, the nuts are molded into the hull (like those for the intake grates) so there is no need to secure them to keep them from spinning freely when inserting or removing the bolts.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for that Pic, I cant remember exactly what he said. I believe it was the nuts were not fixed but were in between the swim deck and very difficult to access. You are saying yours were fixed in the hull?
I just went and re-verified by removing and re-installing a couple of the mounting bolts, my nuts are molded into the fiberglass and also verified that a 13mm is needed for the bolts.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very easy, the other two are directly above the quarter size hole just forward of the vertical ladder.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sounds like the "molded-in nuts" are on 2007 and newer. Anybody know if they are the same on 2006 and older? I'd like to get a ladder that angles outward. I've been thinking about modding my stock ladder, but I might just bite the bullet and replace with this one if the nuts are not going to be an issue.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
sounds like the "molded-in nuts" are on 2007 and newer. Anybody know if they are the same on 2006 and older? I'd like to get a ladder that angles outward. I've been thinking about modding my stock ladder, but I might just bite the bullet and replace with this one if the nuts are not going to be an issue.
Based on the parts list, I don't see any nuts to purchase, therefore I believe your 2006 is like my 2007, the nuts are molded into the fiberglass.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine is a 2006. There were just 4 bolts to remove. The nuts must be molded in as others have indicated.

I shipped the ladder to Windline today. The clock is ticking...

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm very happy with Windline right now. As I mentioned before, My stern ladder is sticking badly such that I can no longer deploy it. I've removed and inspected it but couldn't figure out why it is sticking/how to repair it. Per this string of posts I contacted Windline via email yesterday (they don't list their phone number on their website). They have already written back saying that they will fix or repair it under warranty and that the turn around time is about two weeks. All I need to do is sent in the ladder which I may do today.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hear all these good things about Windline service, but when I contacted them about a broken strap and a missing rubber end cap they said I had to buy them for about $20 plus $8 shipping. That was a bit disappointing for two cheap rubber parts that would fit in an envelope. I know its a boat and that equals $$$. I know I know. But their "customer service" didn't seem all that special to me. Just sayin'

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@maboat maybe it's just who you talk to, they sent me a new strap last year for free,