• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a new swim ladder

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The PO "did smthng" with the original ladder and I have friends who have a hard time hoisting their way up to the swim platform without one. The platform and original mounting brackets are all there and look good, I'm just missing the ladder and fiddly bits used to attach it. Is there a easy to find and sanely priced replacement, or am I going to have to eat the Yamaha price on this one?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If your original ladder is a Windline (check for stickers/decals) it has a lifetime warranty. Windline just replaced my sticking swim deck ladder for free. Actually it cost me the shipping fee to send the original ladder back to them for inspection plus the box to put it in, so around $20 which was a hell of a deal compared to the hundred something they sell new ladders for.

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The Windline is indeed the critter I'm looking for. Unfortunately, they can't tell me that the one they have fits the LX exactly. They tell me call Yamaha. I called one shop and they had no idea. I may just bite the bullet and order the Windline... Either it'll fit perfect, or I'll rip the old mounting rails off and do some creative engineering.

The eBay one wouldn't work on the LX... I think that would be fine for a boat without the swim platform though.

Hey Bruce... what's the deal with the padding on your bimini supports? I assume it's there for a purpose... I'm just wondering if you've solved a problem I didn't know existed. :)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Bruce... what's the deal with the padding on your bimini supports? I assume it's there for a purpose... I'm just wondering if you've solved a problem I didn't know existed. :)
I believe it was to prevent the Bimini poles wearing on the seats. The padding is a piece of noodle. I cut it in half then glued it back together. I did the same on my SX230 for the same reason but I can't remember if it helped with anything else on the LX210 .

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@smthng , before ordering a new ladder consider sending what you have to windline instead. They will probably fix or replace it (with the same model if it is still available) and your cost would be limited to the cost of shipping (around $20).

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Ronnie, there's not enough to send to Windline... just two brackets where it should have been. I just ordered a new one from them. The web site describes it with what appears to be the same measurements as my existing brackets, so it should fit. If not, I have a drill. :)

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Ronnie, there's not enough to send to Windline... just two brackets where it should have been. I just ordered a new one from them. The web site describes it with what appears to be the same measurements as my existing brackets, so it should fit. If not, I have a drill. :)
I ordered my replacement from them, probably the same one you are getting. The mounting should fit, the only difference from the Yamaha version is the length and angle of the ladder. Here is a link to a thread with some pictures from my change out, https://jetboaters.net/threads/need-a-new-ladder.805/#post-10567

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks like it's not an exact fit, but I can make it work. It's on my list of stuff to get done tonight.

Prior model that mine came with had the crossbar bolted in place. This new one is welded. It also looks like the mounting holes are slightly further front-to-back than my old one, but that was based on my eyeballing it. I'll find out for sure today when I get the right square driver bit to get the old one off. I suspect I'll just need to drill a couple extra holes in the new ladder base to get it to match my old one and then it should be good to go. Will try to remember to take pics.

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just an update... it fits with no adjustments/drilling necessary. It was the SM-3XOC model that I installed. It sticks out a little further than I'd like when stowed, but since I didn't have the original bits I don't know if this is any different than the original. It's a nice piece of hardware. May get pics tonight.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's great! Glad you got it all figured out.

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Pics... just for reference in case anyone else decides to go this route. BTW... make sure you take care of any ladder issues before installing any decking. It'll cover the bolt heads. I did all of this just before installing my Blacktip decking.