• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need Battery Help!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So our first day on the lake didn't happen, so glad I attempted to test at the house and not after unloading at the ramp.

I'm sure the frustration level would have been amplified 100X.

So here's what I have going on:

Issue:
I can't get anything to power up.

Background:
I just purchased, new to me, 2020 210 FSH Sport, with 7 hours.
I picked the boat up and trailered it home from Alabama to NC.

Information:
  • There are 5 batteries on the boat.
  • 3 appear to be for the Minn Kota trolling motor, all attached to a Minn Kota charger.
  • The Minn Kota batteries appear to be fine, because when I press the battery button on the motor, they register fine.
  • The other 2 batteries, one presumed to be starter and the other presumed to be house.
    • There appears to be cable from Negative on one to Positive on the other, which leads me to believe these are wired in series, doesn't seem right.
  • The boat does have the switches for House, Start, Emergency Parallel
  • Before I realized the batteries may be in series, I did connect my 12v tender to a single battery, seems to be fine, 99%
  • Also, the light on the DVSR appears to be flickering, not solid
Not sure where to go from here, other than to look for factory wiring diagrams so I can try and figure out what's different on my boat than what comes from the factory. I'm fairly certain something isn't right, OR I just don't know what I'm doing and need some direction as a Yamaha Boat Newbie.

Any assistance would be welcome.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There is a black negative wire about a foot long that connects both batteries at the negative posts. Maybe try disconnecting from the positive and put it on the negative.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
okay, okay, I'm a bonehead, but feel good that I figured it out.

What I thought were the start/house batteries turned out to be 2 of the batteries for the Minn Kota.

I'm just happy to have figured it out and know the boat a bit better.

Batteries are on charger now, should be on the lake in no time...

Thanks for your reply back so quickly! I love this forum!