• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need help - A mysterious hose was found?

JacksonvilleAR192

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was fixing my speedo wheel this afternoon and found this hose just laying in the back of the boat not connected to anything. Anyone have any ideas what it is or used for?

Attachments

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like its one of the drain lines under the various cubbys and compartments around the boat.

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
love my hoes.
I mean, I love my hose 😆

JacksonvilleAR192

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Siri is the best..... She likes the hoes- lol

With that in mind, does anyone have any idea where I could connect this hose?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like the hose that goes from the clean-out tray drain to under the swim deck on my boat. Mine disconnected on one end. I'm not sure what it looks like or how it drains on the 19 footers.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will not lose to much sleep over it. Those cupholders don’t get much exposure to water, so even if you don’t install it it will just drain anyway

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Clean out tray drain is my guess.

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will not lose to much sleep over it. Those cupholders don’t get much exposure to water, so even if you don’t install it it will just drain anyway
I was going to do a separate post but it does relate to this. Working on my stereo today, I notice the carpet was wet. The cup holder doesn’t have the drain hose, the boat had a moring cover on. We had a very significant rain event for about an hour, is it normal for so much water to seap through the cover that water collected in the cup and drained out? Seats all had significant moisture too. Is there a weather proofing that can be done to the covers to make them more water proof?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was going to do a separate post but it does relate to this. Working on my stereo today, I notice the carpet was wet. The cup holder doesn’t have the drain hose, the boat had a moring cover on. We had a very significant rain event for about an hour, is it normal for so much water to seap through the cover that water collected in the cup and drained out? Seats all had significant moisture too. Is there a weather proofing that can be done to the covers to make them more water proof?
I recall some moisture when my boat would sit outside through the rain, but other then where the tower poles meet the cover, I think most of it was just condensation from the changing temp under the cover. I never had issues with the compartments getting wet. I had the grey cover, not the nicer black one.

I used wash my cover a few times per year and retreat it with 303 Fabric Guard at the beginning of each season. Some guys say that it eats away at the thread, but I think that has a lot to do more with direct and regular sunlight. When my boat was outside on the trailer it sat in a shaded area by a tree or under a lift canopy with the cover on. I also trailered it a lot on 4 hour round trips with the cover on which puts a lot of stress on it. When I sold the boat this past spring (it was 2014) the cover was probably on it's last good season. It was starting to rot and leave white dust everywhere. So I got 4 solid seasons out of it with a lot of outdoor exposure. I think that was pretty good and I don't think the 303 is harmful to the fabric.