• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need help, can't decide

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the red one... one family owned.. looks all mod up... amps, perfect pass... looks clean

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I just bought my 230Wake this year and so far I love it. It needed just a little TLC and I will post soon. Some things to look at with the price difference.
IMO I would look at the newer boat. 2007-2008 had a different seat upholstery scheme then the newer 2009 and UP and IMO is better looking. I have a 2008 and I do love it, but I had it re done.
Also Mine has the ski Pylon on the swim deck and the newer ones do not. They did away with it. I love it there. Just my Opinion. Also be aware on were you will store it. The tower does not collapse down to a shorter more storage friendly space. It is also taller than 10 foot at 10-4 on the trailer. Will not fit in my Shop door on trailer and its 10 foot. Test ride is a must! It is so fast and fun it is crazy we are so happy with it and for the price amazing.

LakeTravisBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for responding, both have pros and cons, still trying to decide. I only plan to keep for a few years until I can afford a much bigger boat so don't want to break the bank on this one. Just trying to find something the kids will like and we can play with until then.

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well not sure what you want or mean bigger. This thing is massive and bigger than my last V-drive!

LakeTravisBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our last boat was a Mastercraft X8O so this will be a significant down sizing. Really want 28-31 ft bow rider or cabin cruiser but need my daughter to get into kindergarten so I can use the pre school money for something like that.

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yea X80 is a awesome ride. I think you will love the 230Wake. Just buy the 2007 it appears taken care of better. Check ballast pumps.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Both of those are nice boats but I think the red one is the way to go. Looks like it is good to go right now!! Good luck!!

LakeTravisBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Of course the 2007 is sold so the 2009 is my only option as of now. If anyone know of one for sale send it me way.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is a nee member here trying to sell one for a friend who recently passed away.. maybe someone can attach the link.