• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need Help finding previous owner of my boat

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Sounds like you’re on your way but it is extremely common for people to register “homemade” trailers in this state. At least 50% of private sale ads I see for trailers seem like they say they don’t have the title.

I personally would do what a lot of people are doing now and register in Maine for a fraction of what they try to charge in “The Free State.” It’s a lot easier to do as well without the inspection racket either.

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The guy in Maine that I bought the boat & trailer actually had the Bill of Sale that we signed back in August of 2017. He texted me a picture of it.

I just emailed all my docs to Clara with Maine Trailer (registration middle man company). She says I should have the tag/plate and reg by early next week. It costs a some fees for their assistance but right now in my life it is worth to me.

Feels good to be all legal with this trailer.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The guy in Maine that I bought the boat & trailer actually had the Bill of Sale that we signed back in August of 2017. He texted me a picture of it.

I just emailed all my docs to Clara with Maine Trailer (registration middle man company). She says I should have the tag/plate and reg by early next week. It costs a some fees for their assistance but right now in my life it is worth to me.

Feels good to be all legal with this trailer.
Glad that worked out.