• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need help low RPMs

Rrbcap

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Purchase a new to me 2020 195S with 7 hrs on the supercharged motor.

After break in period I was only seeing about 6,800 RPMs. I adjusted throttle as it was not hitting the maximum stop gap amd now is performing better at 7,350 RPM.

I was reading these boats should run around 7,700 RPMs and close to 50. I’m only seeing around 44 with the adjustments I’ve made.

Is there anything else I should be looking at to get the RPMs up to where they should be? Elevation is 800 feet here.

TIA!

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Air temperature? Water temperature? Water surface condition? Gas age? Hull condition (e.g crud on it)?

All can contribute to lower RPMs.

My 195 sees its best RPMs in March with fresh gas when it’s cold out. It’s gets worse as the year goes on.