• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need help planning a boating trip to Lake Shasta

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I want to take my boat to Shasta for a few days in the middle of a week next month but don't know where to begin.

1. I expect to be there from Tuesday to or through Friday. Do I need to have my boat cleaned and inspected before I can put it on the water? If so what is the process and where should I have that done? How long does it take? What does it cost?

2. My plan is to keep the boat on the water while I am there and I would like to stay in a nearby hotel. Any suggestions on hotels that have guest docks? I don't want to break the bank but it's a bucket list thing so if I have to, so be it (within reason of course).

3. Any other tips, tricks or things I need to consider? I hate surprises.

FYI- Here is a link to my related post on the subject.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/suggestions-requested-on-planning-a-multi-day-solo-boat-trip.7160/#post-123740

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you need @jdonalds where have been John ?

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I returned yesterday from a week long houseboat trip on Shasta. I have nothing to offer in terms of lodging, but I do know that you will not need to have an inspection on your boat. As I passed from Oregon into California, the inspection station asked if my drain plug was out and ballast bags were empty. I responded with a yes, and they said "have a good day". I launched my boat at Shasta Marina, as that was where I rented the houseboat, and there was no talk of an inspection. This was my third trip, and I have never had an issue launching there.

The water is low, but there is allot of lake there still. I actually felt like the scenery was better with the low water level. The water is clean too. In the past, we were there at full pool, and there was quite a bite of debris floating. Nothing at all this time.

With the low levels, there are many houseboat available. Have you considered checking with the marinas to see if you could get a good deal on a boat for a few days mid-week? It is a great way to vacation.

Rustynuts

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I realize this is an old thread but Bridge Bay has a motel and you can rent a slip while you are there.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is what I did during my last two trips there. The stairs to and from the slips to the cabins are a hell of a workout though but I love that bridge bay is so easy to get to off of the 5 freeway (they basically have a dedicated on and off ramp), no need to drive around the lake to get to the hotel. I would not go to Shasta in what’s left of this season unless someone already there could verify that the conditions for boating are good, a pictures or a few would be the best evidence for me.