• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need help- severed brake line?

McGullicudy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This past weekend was only the 2nd time we have been able to get out on the boat this season, when I noticed this line in the folding part of my tongue on my 2011 MFI trailer been almost completely severed.

In the interest of full disclosure, I believe it happened the only other time we went out this season on Father's Day. I had lots of willing helpers that day and violated my own rules to double check everything before pulling out. Somebody left the trailer locking pin out and the boat and trailer smashed in to the back of my truck and apparently pinched this line while the banging around occurred.

It looks like there is a fitting that allows the line to be changed out. I would appreciate some help with locating the parts for replacement and maybe some guidance on the process.

After 3 consecutive days on the water, I have "made it my mission" to get on the water as much as possible before winter, after wasting most of the summer on the shore.

Thanks.

Attachments

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would remove the hose and take it to either a auto parts store or a hose shop to have is matched. If you google hydraulic hose shops in Canton, OH you will find plenty of options. After replacing the hose don't forget to bleed the brakes. I use a brake bleeder vacuum to get the job done, here is what I use http://www.harborfreight.com/brake-bleeder-and-vacuum-pump-kit-69328.html

In my opinion, if I am not towing in heavy traffic, I would feel very comfortable to tow without active trailer brakes. Looking at your signature, your F250 can easily stop with the boat/trailer in tow, my F150 has no problem stopping my SX230 when my trailer brakes were not working.

McGullicudy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks! I did tow all weekend without any brakes and it was fine. I will get on the repair.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats a weak point on the MFI trailers. I have to use the hitch pin to push my brake line out of the pinch point every time I close the folding hitch. I should really secure it in there somehow. Let us know how the repair goes. Cam.