• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need help with Medallion Bluetooth/ Radio & Depth finder!!!

Cut2thechase

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey everyone! Since every Chaparral dealer near me is either to backed up to look at my boat or doesn't want to mess with Chaparral jet boats anymore, I'm turning to you guys! At the end of last season my depth gauge and stereo quit working, around the same time. The stereo doesn't work from the touch screen or the steering wheel control. It says the Bluetooth (phone) is connected but I have no control, songs or volume. The radio (FM) isn't responding either? Any suggestions where to start looking???

Everything else on the Medallion and steering wheel control works... Nav, engine codes, RPM's, gas gauge, lights!

I had a general electronics contractor out today to look at both the depth finder and stereo but not being familiar with Medallion they wouldn't dig into it to much

As always any help fixing both or either is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Happy boating to ALL!!!

John

Cut2thechase

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I still haven't found he problem with the bluetooth/ radio. Medallion is no help and the one dealer that is left with in 2 hours of me hasn't gotten back to me either.
The adhesive on the depth finder puck had come loose and was just flopping around next to the port side engine. Cleaned everything up with a puddy knife and some acetone. Stuck the puck back in place with some 5200, loaded it back up with marine grease and it's back in place. Unfortunately it's still to cold here in MA to get onto the water to see if it will works!!

Once again, thanks for the help Dean!

🤞