• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need recommendation for new Trailer for a Yamaha SX240, 2012

Kevin N

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Could some one provide me a recommendation sfor a trailer for my Yamaha SX240, 2012. I have never bought a new trailer before. Make/Model suggestions, and how to ensure that the bunks on the trailer will be set up correctly. Any suggestions on where to purchase would be great as well. I live in Central North Carolina, but keep my boat at the beach in by Wilmington NC. THANKS!!!!

rand01tj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
was just going to post the same question. i have a 2012 AR240 and I just purchased it last week. the incorrect trailer is scratching the hell out of my hull. I wouldn't mind a used trailer, as long as it's configured correctly!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Betik has a nice aluminum aftermarket trailer,

I believe we had a couple bad stories of custom trailers that the builder didn't follow through on, You might do a search to see if you can find some otherwise I would only go with one someone has had personal experience with

I guess the real questions are;
1. how much do you tow
2. how long do you plan on keeping the boat?

If either of those is a large amount of time I would suggest at the minimum a galvanized but I would prefer an aluminum trailer,

Mike Wells

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
was just going to post the same question. i have a 2012 AR240 and I just purchased it last week. the incorrect trailer is scratching the hell out of my hull. I wouldn't mind a used trailer, as long as it's configured correctly!
Just raise the bunks. You can buy adjustable brackets at West Marine, all in with hardware is under a hundred. I bought a Sea Doo trailer had the fenders too narrow for my Yamaha and that was how I fixed it. Just remember to leave the bunks loose so that when you put the boat back on it will adjust to the angle you need then tighten it down.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do have a 2012 240 and I have spend close to $6,000 on my trailer. Which I bought in North Carolina LOL

What details would you like to know ?

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got an aluminum trailer from Kokopelli out of Phoenix, Arizona. Good guys and they ship if you need it. Kokopelli Trailers – Custom Boat Trailers

Still looking at 4k to 6k for a new trailer on a 240, maybe 3 if you can find a galvanized one.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JBehrens has a dance trailer with lifetime warranty.
you could get a loadmaster or load star tandem with torsion, surge brakes and radial tires for $3,500. Mine has electric over hydronic brakes with Disk brakes on both axles, Stoltz, Fulton folding time tongue , drop foot and winch, so the extra 2.5 grand.
The main I will keep in mind is that you will need to adjust the weight as most of them are preset for outboards. You can make an easy weight adjustment on the tongue portion, but eventually you want to move you axles forward, I unless you enjoy driving a train like @bronze_10 ;)

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Kevin N

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do have a 2012 240 and I have spend close to $6,000 on my trailer. Which I bought in North Carolina LOL

What details would you like to know ?
Hi, would love to know the make and model number and where you purchased it. My boat is down on Oak Island NC. Thanks

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Kevin N is it a Loard Rite 5star that is rated for 6,000lbs

I do not recall which dealer was, @bronze_10 actually picked up from me. Mike do you remember the dealer's name ?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Collins marine... yes it's a load rite 5 star 7000 pound trailer.... bought mine in 2016 still love it today. Was the best thing I did. We trailer, a lot!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JBehrens has a dance trailer with lifetime warranty.
you could get a loadmaster or load star tandem with torsion, surge brakes and radial tires for $3,500. Mine has electric over hydronic brakes with Disk brakes on both axles, Stoltz, Fulton folding time tongue , drop foot and winch, so the extra 2.5 grand.
The main I will keep in mind is that you will need to adjust the weight as most of them are preset for outboards. You can make an easy weight adjustment on the tongue portion, but eventually you want to move you axles forward, I unless you enjoy driving a train like @bronze_10 ;)
It's like driving a semi...
20200704_231742.jpg

Mrhdvrod

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’d do a search on TheHullTruth forum tons of first hand experience with various trailer builders there. In Florida I’d suggest Owens and Sons as they have a great reputation. But I’m sure there is a reputable company closer to you.