• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where to purchase a new trailer?

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I suppose I should clarify... That picture was his setup. Unfortunately, I didn't get the super jet with the boat.

The trailer mod was simple enough. He had a reinforced receiver welded to the back of the trailer. It is a great mod that gives lots of options while towing. Hauling a jet ski while on the water is a whole 'nother ball game. That pic looks like a great start though.

P.S. I would love a super jet if anyone wants to donate one. :winkingthumbsup"

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I Paid 3500 for my new Hi Tech Marine I-Beam trailer about 5 years ago. They are local to me so that helped. See what they can do for a shipped one.

http://www.aluminumboattrailer.com/

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The trailer that came with my 232 Limited is an EZ Loader that's pretty nice. It is galvanized. I know lots of trailer dealers here sell them.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NEXTRAIL is another aluminum trailer maker out of florida. prices seam good.

Sheboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NEXTRAIL is another aluminum trailer maker out of florida. prices seam good.
dan144k that is where we ended up ordering our Platinum aluminum trailer from, should be delivered this week. They had the best price for getting it shipped up to northern Illinois.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Sheboat please provide full report once you get all setup on you trailer.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And along the line of buying a replacement trailer..... what GVWR should i be looking at? I was looking at the 6000 pound mark. I have a 2008 sx230.

Sheboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We ended up trading in our boat along with the new trailer. I never launched the boat from it but it towed very nice. Sorry I can't provide you with more info.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Look like a Malibu from her sig @RiverRat

Sheboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, we bought a Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV and should be taking delivery in April.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
reviving an old thread... I am close to pulling the trigger on a replacement trailer for my mfi... This is the trailer i am at now.. http://www.loadrite.com/5STARR-AluminumTrailers-Bunk-Tandem.php its the model number 25T6000 in the list. It comes with a swing tounge, torsion axels, alloy wheels. surge breaks, votext 100,000 mile hubs, diamond plate metal fenders (not the ones in the photo), and trailer guides for $3200.00. I know there are some cheaper ones out of Florida but i have to set the trailers up myself with them and they have to ship it to me. These guys are about 30 min away. What say the forum? Oh and LED lights!.

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like a nice trailer at a good price to me.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am clueless, but I do have a question: My trailer has 4 bunk boards (two more on the aft part of the trailer); the picture at the link shows only 2. Do you add 2 more? Or just use 2? If you just use 2, doesn't that distribute the weight less efficiently?

Inquiring minds want to know.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Every trailer I have looked at have two bunks now. I have asked that exact question and I have been told by each trailer manufactor that they only use two bunks now. At the boat show 90% only had two bunks. The only ones with 4 were odd sized or extremely large boats. They said the extra bunks aren't nessasary but could be added for extra cost. Atleast that's what I have been told.

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Are the LoadRite bunks carpeted? I wonder if they offer an upgrade there? Has anyone noticed the rash that seems to occur with the factory trailers on these LoadRites?