• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where to purchase a new trailer?

Sheboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So earlier this month we were in an accident and our boat and trailer got smashed up pretty bad. The trailer will need to be replaced and when the Marina called MFI for a replacement they said it would be $6200 to send a new one to Rockford, Il. Our insurance will cover up to $4000 and anything more than that we will have to go after the other driver for. Does anyone know if there is another manufacturer that makes a trailer that will carry a 2007 SX230 that may be closer to $4000?
I appreciate your input.
Thanks,
Amy

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would check with Shorelander, they are making the current Yamaha trailers and they are more of a kit trailer, meaning everything is bolted on and adjustable, so it should be configurable to match your hull.

And sheesh, I wouldn't pay that much for an MFI trailer ever. The color matched boatmate trailer with aluminum wheels and 4 wheel disc brakes under my TIGE didn't cost that much.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You should easily be able to find a brand new trailer for less than $3500.

Here is a good aluminum trailer manufacture and they are selling a 22'-24' 5900 lbs capacity trailer for <$3000, http://www.platinumboattrailers.com/CustomBuiltTandemAxleBoatTrailers.html . They offer nationwide shipping which might make the delivered package still below your $4000 insurance.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For $4K you should be able to get a very nice aluminum I-Beam trailer like Andy linked to. I find that trailer manufacturers tend to list on Craigslist. You might try searching local areas.

Sheboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Sheboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I heard back from Loadmaster Trailer right away and they custom make their trailers and gave me a quote of just over $4200, $1000 less than the MFI quote. It might mean a road trip to Ohio to save a few $$ on shipping but its worth it for a better made trailer. Does anyone have an opinion on Loadmaster Trailers?

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'll have some serious trailer-envy if you get an aluminum I-beam trailer. :env:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I heard back from Loadmaster Trailer right away and they custom make their trailers and gave me a quote of just over $4200, $1000 less than the MFI quote. It might mean a road trip to Ohio to save a few $$ on shipping but its worth it for a better made trailer. Does anyone have an opinion on Loadmaster Trailers?
Sounds too expensive to me.

These guys ship to Chicago every three weeks and offer a correctly sized aluminum I-Beam trailer for $2600. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Venture-Boat-Trailer-21-33ft-boats-Delivery-Possible-Export-OK-/221850111491?forcerrptr=true&hash=item33a74c0e03&item=221850111491

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll have some serious trailer-envy if you get an aluminum I-beam trailer. :env:
I would not want the hole in the boat, but if someone hit my trailer and my bought me an I-beam replacement I would be very happy!

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is nothing about my MFI trailer that I would be paying a premium for.

Sheboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is not an aluminum trailer, here are the specs:

The model 240T315CB is:
  • Constructed out of a 6", structural, C Channel steel frame
  • Equipped with two 3,500 lb. drop center, double eye leaf spring axles with equalizers
  • 15" load range C radial tires
  • GVWR of 7,350 lbs. with a Net Payload of 5,855 lbs.
  • All Wheel Electric Drum brakes (fully submersible)
  • All sealed and submersible LED lights and connection
  • Wheel or Flat Plate Tongue Jack
  • Which stand with single speed manual winch
  • Epoxy Primer, Polyurethane Paint with Clear Coat (red or blue have a slight surcharge)
  • Safety Brakeaway system
  • Bunk set up specifically for the hull
  • Axles placed to the boat's center of gravity

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Aluminum is better. It is lighter and less likely to corrode. Correctly engineered it is just as strong if not stronger. Aluminum trailers also hold their value better.

Do you ever boat in salt water?

I am curious about their electric brakes. I prefer electric drum brakes for towing. You would need a brake controller in your vehicle but they allow you to adjust the braking and do away with the clanging every time you pull away from a stop. But I have not been able to find and electric drum brakes that will stand up to salt water usage.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
My replacement trailer is a Load Rite aluminum and was $4,500. Let me know if you want more info

IMG_3086.JPG

H2Oload

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is a great looking trailer @Topper232 Makes me want to sell my Shoreland'r and upgrade. We went to FL and paying to lift the boat on and off was a pain and expensive.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Tony do you know the model number of the trailer you bought? I would like to see how much it would be to get that same trailer shipped to Illinois.
Thank you!
@Sheboat The trailer is a Load Rite Elite series aluminum trailer model LR-AB23T5200102LTB2. It came standard with trailer guides, 4 wheel disc brakes and LED lights. I added the optional aluminum wheels and 100,000 mile vortex hubs. Before tax it was $4,064. If you look at page 2 of the load rite link below, it'll show my trailer in the upper right hand corner.

http://www.loadrite.com/pdf/LRBrochWeblr0513.pdf

Here are some additional pics that I took when I brought it home.IMG_3080.JPG IMG_3081.JPG IMG_3082.JPG IMG_3083.JPG IMG_3084.JPG IMG_3085.JPG IMG_3086.JPG IMG_3087.JPG IMG_3088.JPG IMG_3091.JPG

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is anybody buying longer trailers? To mount a motorcycle, standup jetski, or pwc? Maybe a utility deck on the front.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The original owner modified my trailer to accommodate his Super Jet. Here's a picture.

trailerwithjet.jpg

We have only used it to haul our bikes. (Not the motor kind)

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Sheboat found a Load Rite dealer in Toledo. Not sure how far of a drive it is for you, in case they won't ship from PA, or it's too expensive.

Name: Bass Pro Shops
Address: 10000 Bass Pro Boulevard
Rossford, OH 43460
Phone: 419-891-3269
Distance: 0 miles
Email: jlritchie@basspro.com

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bill D I am getting readu to do the stand up mod on the back of my MFI trailer this fall, I have a jetski in the garage just have not had time to weld up the trailer, yet.
Then I am gonna mount the jetski in the boat once on the water. This picture is someone else design.jetski.boat.image.jpg