• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need recommendations from San Diego People

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wife and I are going to be in San Diego from Monday evening through Thursday morning. She has a conference to attend, and I'm tagging along to get some "kid free" time with the wife.

I need some recommendations for neat things to do with her in the afternoons, as well as neat things for me to do during the day while she's in the conference. Got some cool restaurants to visit at night? What about surfing? can I rent a board somewhere one day? Might even spring for a guide to help get me a good spot. Decent golf course around? I wouldn't mind playing a round with rented clubs while I'm out there. Anything neat we can do together besides neat places to eat? You guys have a pier out there or something similar to do at night?

I'm open to most things legal and some things not. Whatcha got?

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
you can probably rent any kind of waterboard toys along the beach in San Diego. Mission Beach has some great views of the local wildlife as you walk along the waterfront. One of our favorite things to do when we lived out by LA was going to the Wild Animal Park. Not your average zoo. A close second for us was bicycle bar-hopping along Mission Beach. Of course, it's been a LOT of years since we were there (late 80's) but I'll bet it's still a great area.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Cafe Sevilla, in the gaslamp district, has the best Spanish food I ever tried, if you're into that sorta thing. Blind Burro, nearby, excellent fish tacos.