• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need some advice on Flushing out Jet boat and a mistake made

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the tip. And after disconnecting water before turning engine off you should rev that engine a few times semi high to blow out excess water, correct?
After reading and reading about 1.8s snapping timing chains, I've stopped this open Rev practice. I use the boat enough that I'm not worried about clean water sitting. I'm more worried about a broken timing chain. Am I nuts?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After reading and reading about 1.8s snapping timing chains, I've stopped this open Rev practice. I use the boat enough that I'm not worried about clean water sitting. I'm more worried about a broken timing chain. Am I nuts?
Probably. You hang out here with us.

But, as to the revving, I think that is reasonable. Enough well-reasoned opinions on both sides on that issue, I think.

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There's a seadek group buy at the end of the summer, I think last year it worked out to a 30%? discount.....