• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need some help with REM40GS remote

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a JBL REM40GS wireless remote installed on my stereo which has been working great for quite a while. It recently stopped working which I assumed was a dead battery. I replaced the battery but still nothing. I seem to remember there being a process to pair the remote with the other piece which is wired in (power light is on to this by the way). Does anyone happen to know how to pair this? I suppose it's possible the remote is dead but would like to rule this out.

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never mind. Was able to figure it out.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is good. Care to post the solution, so future generations might benefit? :)

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry.... The part that is wired in has a button on it to pair with the remote. At first I could not find it then I remembered it was beneath a cap that has two screws holding it in. Once I got took off the cap and pressed the pairing button I was good to go. :thumbsup:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excellent! Thanks for the tip!