• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need yds help

Street glide

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey everyone I was trying to help a friend out over the weekend his boat throwed a over heat light on the tach and went into limp mode he shut it off and waited the restarted and was able to make it back to the ramp before it tripped again so I went over and hooked up my yds and did a diagnosis report and it didnt show a code from this time but showed one from a 100 hours ago . We checked his thermostat and the screen on the jump pump they were clean . Told him I would reach out and see what y'all had to say told him that I had to take my exhaust manifold and clean the jackets out to fix mine . But any help on why it wouldn't show up on the yds would be grateful sorry forgot to say he has a 2006 ar210

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had the same issue with mine. It showed 2 old codes but nothing current. Is the engine running fine?
1658846925414.png

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
did you check the report for the other engine also ?? it can be confusing with those little plugs hanging down and maybe you got the wrong engine??

if this is the overheat engine it is very strange limp mode was activated and it doesn't show on the report. We have had reports of the tach flashing but not showing on the report,

I would run it on the hose and watch the temps in real time, see if it overheats there ( clamp the inlet line at the Y connector to force all the hose water into the engine and not lose any backwards out the jet inlet)

it also could have been he had a stick or garbage in the intake and when the boat got loaded on the trailer it fell out,

I wouldn't jump to the internal blockage yet,

Street glide

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
did you check the report for the other engine also ?? it can be confusing with those little plugs hanging down and maybe you got the wrong engine??

if this is the overheat engine it is very strange limp mode was activated and it doesn't show on the report. We have had reports of the tach flashing but not showing on the report,

I would run it on the hose and watch the temps in real time, see if it overheats there ( clamp the inlet line at the Y connector to force all the hose water into the engine and not lose any backwards out the jet inlet)

it also could have been he had a stick or garbage in the intake and when the boat got loaded on the trailer it fell out,

I wouldn't jump to the internal blockage yet,

Yes double checked and made sure we were on the right engine I thought it was weird too that it tripped limp mode but didn't show a report and the light was on and not flashing told him we would do what you said first on the hose and see what happens

Street glide

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So we clamped the hose by the y fitting over the weekend and ran on the hose for abt 15 mins or so and had the yds hook up and never got a over heat trip and temps were all abt the same so maybe he just picked something up he said that he was taking it out today and would let me know