• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Neshaminy State Park, Delaware River

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I launched out at Neshaminy State Park and ran up/down the Delaware River. It was one of the best days of boating so far only beat by the Chesapeake Bay. I am posting this for anyone else in the PA/NJ area that is looking to try the Delaware River.

There was a bit of debris and floating stuff but nothing that caused any problems. I would not want to do this with an outboard and I can't imagine what it would have been like after any rain. There was zero big barge/tanker activity which I was expecting since this is standard for this waterway although we did see some of them that were docked. The water was like glass today.

We found a restaurant up one of the creeks which is always a nice plus. High Tides Restaurant was the place if you decide to give this a try. Real nice, new, docks, and decent food/drinks.

Lesson learned: the boat ramp at Neshaminy state park can not be used to retrieve when it is low tide :mad: Fortunately, we were able to go around the corner and retrieve at the Neshaminy Marina which had an excellent ramp(s). Supposedly it costs $10 but there wasn't anyone there today

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@4x15mph where is High Tides? Which creek is it up? I have a season pass for the Burlington City boat ramp. There's also a restaurant right there, other side of Burlington Island, called Curtins Wharf.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Topper232 , The restaurant is up Neshaminy Creek which is just west of the Neshaminy State Park Marina. It is in the town of Croydon, PA

It is definitely a decent restaurant/bar and on the weekend it has to be packed.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I launched out at Neshaminy State Park and ran up/down the Delaware River. It was one of the best days of boating so far only beat by the Chesapeake Bay. I am posting this for anyone else in the PA/NJ area that is looking to try the Delaware River.

There was a bit of debris and floating stuff but nothing that caused any problems. I would not want to do this with an outboard and I can't imagine what it would have been like after any rain. There was zero big barge/tanker activity which I was expecting since this is standard for this waterway although we did see some of them that were docked. The water was like glass today.

We found a restaurant up one of the creeks which is always a nice plus. High Tides Restaurant was the place if you decide to give this a try. Real nice, new, docks, and decent food/drinks.

Lesson learned: the boat ramp at Neshaminy state park can not be used to retrieve when it is low tide :mad: Fortunately, we were able to go around the corner and retrieve at the Neshaminy Marina which had an excellent ramp(s). Supposedly it costs $10 but there wasn't anyone there today
Iv'e dropped in at Neshaminy State Park at low tide and had to use the Marina ramp. It was mid week and there wasn't anybody there, so I didn't have to pay either. Iv'e been to High Tides also but by car. Now that I have a boat I'm sure I will use their dock. Just wondering if the dock at the restaurant can be used during low tide? I noticed a big difference (7 feet) in water level and not sure if Neshaminy creek gets to low to reach High Tides.

Last edited:

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some locals here!! High tides is great...unless the dock is full, its along hot trip up the creek if there isn't a cold one at the end of it!
I like Curtains too...I am based out of D&S in the Tullytown cove.
You shouldn't have any trouble getting to high tides on a low tide...just be sure to take a little extra care

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great news on the docks. Thanks for posting

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I live on the Neshaminy Creek. High Tides is great, and the dock is ok, even at low tide. When coming up the creek, by the railroad bridge, stay near the center bridge support. You can be on either side of it, but stay close to it. There are some huge concrete blocks towards the right side, Croydon side or North side, that are just under the surface at low tide. Lots of boats have hit them, causing fiberglass damage and outdrive damage. Also, don't make a wake on the creek. Neighbors have had boats and property damage from wakes, and have installed cameras to report all wakes to Fish & Game. Otherwise, happy boating!