• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Neutral Adjustment not populating in Settings menu for 2022 165 300

vivacejohn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I have searched numerous posts here (and on the web) and watched videos about adjusting the neutral position of the reverse bucket (on our analogue cluster), and I understand that I should be able to do make this adjustment with the boat in the water, engine running, and in the Settings menu. (It has the Digital Speed Control Package, but I do not think that matters.)

The only problem: my Settings menu only shows Dash brightness and Clock adjustment. As others have stated, docking with a neutral speed of 5mph definitely makes it more of a spectator sport…

Thoughts? Secret tap code to show?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Sadly, the iNR feature (Intelligent Neutral & Reverse) is not a thing on the 165. Only 195 and above. So no secret code available.

You have to adjust the neutral position manually using tools.

The good news is once you have it, you don't really adjust it anymore. And personally, I find the iNR system completely useless. People don't understand the control you have with a manual adjustment of the reverse bucket on our 165s. You can move the bucket at any vertical position of your choice. You don't need to have the bucket fully in the forward position or neutral for example, you can have it 15% forward, or 30% forward, etc.