• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 165 owner, proper way to clean the engine/bilge area after outing in Saltwater?

PRO710HD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I've read that many Scarab owners spray water over the bilge compartment/engine and other components after use in saltwater (also believe this is somewhere in the user's manual?).

I'm pretty nervous about that statement with all the electrical connections etc. in the engine bay. So which of these options should I employ?

1) gently spray engine and bilge compartment with garden hose after use in saltwater.

2) Apply corrosion inhibitor (BRP XPS or similar) to engine and components in the bilge area.

3) gently spray engine and bilge compartment with garden hose after use in saltwater, let dry and apply corrosion inhibitor

WaveJunkie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was told not to have any water in the engine compartment.
Here is a great spray to use.

Attachments

PRO710HD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I was told not to have any water in the engine compartment.
Here is a great spray to use.
Thanks. Will put that on the list. Should I spring for the salt away or am I OK just using the garden hose to spray down the exterior/interior as well as to flush out the exhaust port?

WaveJunkie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I ride on a fresh water lake. Someone else will chime in, I'm sure???