• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 195 projects

Agrinnell2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I removed the 195 decals from the new boat. I think it looks pretty sweet. Now I'm going to try and sounds proof the engine compartment as best as I can. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Honestly have you drove the boat? My 17 is way quieter than my 2012 was.

Agrinnell2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I've only been on it during the test drive. Seemed pretty loud but I have not been on a boat in years so maybe that's just normal.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This topic has been researched and the bulk of the noise comes from the side compartments on both sides of the engine. The best way to reduce sound is fill that space.

Agrinnell2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Sounds great. I will probably try and use some closed cell insulation on the walls of those compartments, if that doesn't do much maybe some ballast bags.

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I removed the 195 decals from the new boat. I think it looks pretty sweet. Now I'm going to try and sounds proof the engine compartment as best as I can. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I like the look I am picking up the same boat next Friday how did you remove the decals? Did you use any type of solution?

Agrinnell2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just peeled the edge with a razor blade and the rest pulled off. I didn't even need heat. No chemicals at all.