• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2015 242 Limited S

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I went to my local Yami dealer and looked at a new boat. Wanted to see the new changes for the 2015 model. Very nice but I noticed a couple things. I see they reverted to a plastic drain plug instead of the metal/chrome on mine. Concerning the anchor locker, will a box anchor fit? It looks like the opening is much smaller even though the locker itself is bigger.

MSRP is $64, 249 with Galv trailer (15" wheels). This is including freight and prep. I think they charge $850.00 per motor on the prep. What are they doing for $850? Oh, they are also including a Yamaha mooring cover.

Thinking........

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Your getting royally fucked on the prep for the motors...MANY ppl here bought their boats with no prep fees

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No prep, no delivery, no nothing extra for my boat. Paid MSRP and they threw in a about 4k of extras. I'd try another dealer. MSRP for that bait should be around $61,000

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Prep fee = 'free' cover and any other 'discount' they offered.

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Guess they don't want to sell a boat at those prices. Not that I NEED a new boat, I do like mine. Thanks Gents..