• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2015 242LS for $50K?!

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dealer in my area is advertising a new 2015 242 LS for $49,999. That seems like a screaming good price...but I guess I'm basing that on my previous experience with these boats where it was pretty much MSRP and maybe a bit off of accessories. Is this as good of a price as I'm thinking it is? I haven't talked to them and don't know the rest of the details on price, but I'm assuming add dealer prep, freight and tax and it's still under $56K OTD. Hmmmm

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Damn 50k I wouldn't even hesitate for a second to buy it

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know....very tempting, even though I've kind of had my eye on other boats as our next boat. No doubt the LS is an awesome boat and a big upgrade from what we have. Of course, there's also the problem that I would need to sell our SX210 in order to be able to afford to buy this one.

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Ive seen local dealer hand out some deep discounts - I think there is more felexabily than you may think!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I thought the msrp on that boat was right around $63k excluding taxes and fees. If this is correct the discount is a little over 20% which seems like a great deal too me. Fortunately or unfortunately I am not in a position to buy it. My next boat won't be a Yamaha unless they start making something bigger.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would be very surprised if you could get a 20% discount on a new Yamaha unless there were a special circumstance (i.e., damage, 2 or 3 year old leftover, etc.). Certainly worth a phone call though.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The downside to the '14 models is the significant upgrades done in 2015. Most notably, the sound deadening, articulating keel, and connext system.

If 2015 LS's are being offered for 50k, I wouldn't be surprised if you could even do a little better on a leftover 14 AR, which is still a great boat.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
True..I would never go for the '14. I was just curious if there were any reasons not to buy a several year old leftover boat other than the upgrades that have been done. It would bother me to think that the boat had been sitting out in the elements, and not being used.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is a 15, but after fees and such it's 50K. I've talked to em about it. Still not a bad deal.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Also - Been talkin with Ryan @Wonderland Marine on here and he has some pretty good deals on leftovers as well with free shipping!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good deal. I was around 60k OTD in September in a 9.50% CA tax area.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It all depends upon where the boat was "sitting" for those years. Two stories. Several years ago, I had heard of a dealer in Miami that had 2 brand new 2008 212s for sale. The price was pretty damn good, such that if I was in Miami, they were worth a look. At the time, I had owned a 2 stroke LS2000 for many years, and wanted a 4 stroke. But as a careful shopper, I wasn't jumping on anything until it checked out. As luck would have it, I got scheduled to ref a Dolphins game in a few weeks. I called the dealer, and arranged a ride from the hotel, making sure I arrived earlier than normal that weekend. I viewed the 2 boats. They had been sitting outside, baking in the Miami sun, uncovered, in that dealer's lot since original delivery. At the 7 or 8 grand discount off the original price (it was a very good price at the time, for sure) there was no way I was going to buy either. The upholstery was burnt; the gel coat had faded. I thought "Are you kidding me?" No way a dealer should have kept these boats cooking in the lot for 3 years. Remember, this was Miami sun it was baking in. Nonetheless, I called a dealer/expert friend of mine who services my boats. He knew I was going to take a look at these boats, and was awaiting my phone call and photos. After review of my texted photos and discussion, he informed me unless I was prepared to sink about 10-12 grand into a "refreshing" of one of these 2008s, to run, not walk, away. I was pissed I wasted the time, and the anticipation looking forward to my new 212. Not only were the cosmetics screwed, my dealer buddy informed me of a ton of "little" things that would have to be done to the internals, to bring it back up to speed. This included annoying little things like replacing every clamp in the engine compartment, replacing hoses that had been baking for years, etc etc etc. The engines probably would have been fine, but all the stuff that wears would have to be replaced - solely because it was baking in the Miami heat for 3 years. So my answer to you is no way do I buy a "brand new" boat that has been sitting outside in a dealer's lot for years. Fast forward to 2013. I was still shopping - yep, I'm a picky buyer. Suddenly, there appeared on the "other" site, a 2008 SX230, which was purchased "new" by the original seller on the other site, in 2011. For reasons that don't matter, this guy was selling his boat. It had 26 hours on it, and since it was purchased "new" in 2011, it was still under warranty until Feb 2015. This, on a 2008. I bought the boat, sight unseen. The boat had been sitting in indoor storage, climate controlled, for 3 years, while the dealer was undergoing some sort of bankruptcy proceedings. The guy I bought it from got a great price on this 3 year old "brand new" 2008 SX230. His original price was so good, when he decided his family was too young for the boat (infants) he put the boat up for sale, for a price I could easily sell it for today. You are darn right I would buy a "brand new" boat that was several years old, so long as it was stored properly AND the price was right - a deep discount for the age. I haven't looked back and the boat hasn't given me one problem. Here is my advice. Buy used. There are so many options out there available. The market will be flooded with superb used Yamahas very soon as spring arrives. Sometimes folks buy these boats and never use them. Let someone else take the depreciation hit. Remember, any "brand new" boat you buy is going to be used the second it hits the water for the first time. The depreciation hit the second it hits the water I could not bear - and I can afford any boat I want. I bought a 5 year old Yamaha, that was practically brand spanking new, for a song. I could sell it this spring for what I paid for it in 2013, if not more. Don't be set on a particular model. I was going to get a 212 or a 230, whichever deal appeared first. I thought I would prefer a 212, but the 230 appeared and I snatched it up. Never looked back. Save your money. If someone offered me 22,000 for my perfect 08 SX230, my next stop would be in Kansas City, for this AR240.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/5424916463.html

Again - go used, after doing your due diligence. But @OrangeTJ ? Leave that leftover that looks to have been stored outside, to someone else.

Hee hee hee anyone want a pristine 2008 SX230 for 22K?

20151208_131729.jpg

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very good advice from @OCMD IMO. Yamaha sells a TON of these boats, so there are always some used ones out there and if you are patient can find a good deal. I paid $34,500 for my 2011 AR240 with 50 hours on it when I bought it in 2013. Of course I would love a new one, but in this climate I am lucky if I use the boat 12-15 times per year. If you are going new, I really like the discounted leftover approach as well provided that there was not a major model change between years.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dealer in my area is advertising a new 2015 242 LS for $49,999. That seems like a screaming good price...but I guess I'm basing that on my previous experience with these boats where it was pretty much MSRP and maybe a bit off of accessories. Is this as good of a price as I'm thinking it is? I haven't talked to them and don't know the rest of the details on price, but I'm assuming add dealer prep, freight and tax and it's still under $56K OTD. Hmmmm
That's a great deal! I will be interesting to find out the details, because at that price, they will be loosing money unless they are passing on a huge Yamaha incentive.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got this in my email yesterday-

Hello Walt,

The special we have this week is a 2015 YAMAHA 242 LIMITED S $49,995.00 + $250.00.DOC FEE. That is $11,500.00 OFF regular price.

Thanks again,

If anyone is interested in it, lmk. I'm gonna pass. (It's in CA)

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got this in my email yesterday-

Hello Walt,

The special we have this week is a 2015 YAMAHA 242 LIMITED S $49,995.00 + $250.00.DOC FEE. That is $11,500.00 OFF regular price.

Thanks again,

If anyone is interested in it, lmk. I'm gonna pass. (It's in CA)
So it has the CA engines? Or is that still an issue with the newer boats?

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's the one I originally posted about. It is a 2015 and stored inside the dealership, which also sells Cobalt. Yes, it would be a CA boat.