• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2016 AR 192

RobGL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I just recently purchased a new 2016 AR 192. I purchased an Anchor kit from Yamaha that fits perfectly in the anchor storage. I understand that the anchor is attached to the bracket in the anchor storage....but how does the rope exit the boat? Must you leave the front seat out when using the anchor?

I know this may be a stupid question, but there does not seem to be an exit point around the seat. My concern is the rope rubbing a hole in the edge of the seat. I just can't find a picture online of the anchor in use with the seat in place.

Am I missing something?

Robert

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Welcome @RobGL ! With my AR192 I lean over and secure the rope around the bow eye in a tight slipknot fashion. I tug it several times to make sure its secured firmly. The rope still comes from under the seat but I have no issues sitting on it with the cushion in place. I boat solely in lakes and have had no issues with this technique. Hope this helps and I'm sure others will chime in probably with better suggestions!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Are you guys saying that there is no place to tie off the bitter end of the anchor rode in a dedicated anchor locker? That needs to go on the Yamaha wish list! Guarantee someone is going to throw over an anchor and lose it. I would look for a surface that won't penetrate the hull or interior wall and mount an anchor rode tie off for the bitter end of the road.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@txav8r there is a tie off in the locker. I just use the cleat to hold the scope I need. But unlike the larger yamaha there is a seat cushion over the anchor locker so need to set it back on top of the anchor line when it's deployed.

RobGL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks for the quick reply.....I see myself spending a lot of time learning on these forums. The boat has been fantastic....3 times out on water since purchase a month ago. I live in Texas......we almost.....I stress almost have year round boating weather.

Robert

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length