• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2018 AR 240 - Few questions...

Chris Jordan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Greetings folks. I finally sold my 2010 SX240 that I bought new in 2010. Loved the boat but got tired of the loud engine noise. I just bought a 2018 AR240 and absolutely love it. They have dramatically reduced the engine noise and made all sorts of improvements in fit & finish.
Few questions I have so far:
1. How do you keep the radio and other accessories running when you shut off the engines? For example, when I pull up to the beach with my favorite song playing and shut off the engines, I don't want the electronics to shut off.
2. Is there a way to check you fuel level with starting the engines?
3. Im planning to add docking lights, do I have to install a separate switch, or can I wire it into the existing CONNEXT system and have it show up on the Lighting screen?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As far as the radio you can either leave one key on or press the light button under the display to turn on the screen and stereo. Just turn on the manual blower switch on and off to turn off the screen. Fuel level doesn't seem to read unless the engine is running.