• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2019 212x Owner!

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just signed for her today! looking for any break in tips. Traded in a 20yr old 22' Larson 5.7L, so I am looking fwd to modern boating!

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! Wanted a 212x just couldn't make it fit in the garage. It's a nice boat. As for break in just do what it says in the manual. Then change the oil around 10 -15 hours.

BigJ

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Super simple. Follow Factory recomendations I was new last summer.. 19 Sx240 We love it! Came from a 2004 IO. Welcome!

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats....I was in the same boat as you. Pun intended. Sold a 1999 20' bass boat with Merc 200EFI and 1997 ShuttleCraft with Kawasaki 1100 STX Jetski. Both two cycle. We pick up a "modern" 2020 195S on Saturday.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard!
83iPA8P.gif

Hit me up if you want to that rad 212x and I can shoot some exclusive discounts at you.
www.transomwatersports.com

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
:Welcome: to the forum!!! Tons of good information here and nice people too that'll help keep you safe and on the water. Share pics when you can. Have fun.

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
got the suede gray scheme and I love it. Welcome to the family!

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the welcome, I am currently waiting to pick her up, they are storing it inside for next two weeks as I will be on a trip. When I get back I plan on getting to work on learning the ins and outs. Starting to look at a VHF but not sure if I really need a fix mount, gonna mostly be in lakes but will spend some time on intercostal from time to time. In fact plan on taking her to Key West in July so starting to do research on places to boat and what I will. Any tips or pointers are welcome, will start a few threads as I progress.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the welcome, I am currently waiting to pick her up, they are storing it inside for next two weeks as I will be on a trip. When I get back I plan on getting to work on learning the ins and outs. Starting to look at a VHF but not sure if I really need a fix mount, gonna mostly be in lakes but will spend some time on intercostal from time to time. In fact plan on taking her to Key West in July so starting to do research on places to boat and what I will. Any tips or pointers are welcome, will start a few threads as I progress.
Welcome! We love our 212x, I'm sure you'll love it too!

What area are you in?

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just signed for her today! looking for any break in tips. Traded in a 20yr old 22' Larson 5.7L, so I am looking fwd to modern boating!
Congrats. I came from a 79 Sea Ray with 250 L6 mercruiser. Fuel injection is a beautiful thing!!

MNJets

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great purchase. I put 8-10 hours on my new 2019 212X last Labor Day when we purchased it. I pretty much made every mistake a person can make in a weekend not being familiar to a jetboat compared to I/O our Outboards. I sucked up 1 ski rope and 1 dock rope, struggled with maintaining 16 mph for wakeboarders (looks like I'll be purchasing the RideSteady system) and last but not least I reversed the engines while trailering the boat and sucked up rocks which locked the Reverse covers in place so I could not put the boat in "Forward". I've been around boats for 30 years but nothing as nice as my 2019 212X! Be ready to make some mistakes.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Fort Mill on Lake Wyile
I am just right down the road in the Greenville/Spartanburg area. My brother lives in Rock Hill and we go out on Wylie a few times a year at least. We camp at Ebenezer usually.

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Congrats! I am sure you'll love it.

AR240THEO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
congrats and welcome!

Theo from Maryland

AR240THEO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Simrad I got the RS90S VHF Radio Black Box with AIS & Hailer and Love it, also have the cobra handheld, you cannot skip on safety

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We use a handheld VHF for emergency and shore contacts like swing bridges and marinas. It's all we need as we mainly boat inland.

First tip - remember that your jetpump is like a vacuum cleaner on the bottom of the boat so you don't want to run it in anything less than 30-36" of water.

Second tip - don't run over any ropes as the jetpump is ALWAYS turning when the engine is running, even in neutral, so anything that goes under the intake will get sucked up.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Simrad I got the RS90S VHF Radio Black Box with AIS & Hailer and Love it, also have the cobra handheld, you cannot skip on safety
Why you yelling?
:p

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome and great boat! We were out on ours (2018) yesterday, starting the season a bit early. Enjoy!

Jeff

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length