• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 212x wakebooster and TVW

paharam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Just purchased a 2020 212x. I plan to wakesurf on it but it is priority #2 next to wakeboarding. Should I buy both the wakebooster and TVW to get a somewhat surfable wave and improved low speed handling? The cost isn't insignificant and the dealer feels strongly these two mods are high priority.

I understand the extra ballast is also important but I may wait on that. I've searched all over the forum but can't find a specific answer to this question. Thanks.

iamcalled

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I surf with a wakebooster and find the ballast is critical to get a good wave. We do not have TVW on our 2018 AR240. 800 pound Yamaha Fatsac on surf side swim platform, 700 lb on the bow floor between seats. Surfing on a Doomswell Jefe.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have both, planning on doing a bunch of vids this summer. I know that doesn't help you now, but, yeah. The booster seems to help and I definitely can tell better low speed steering and the spray is knocked down with the TVW and the ladder deflector.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Total honesty, we surf a 2017 with wakebooster and stock ballast. No other mods yet.

I do intend to throw a few more bags on there to improve it, have experiments with “live ballast” and feel it will definitely make a difference, but to just try it and get started. It’s pretty darn good!

I can’t speak to the TVW’s, looking forward to hearing more from people who use both, (can’t wait for your video’s @PJ73) that being said though, not sure if it’s your 1st boat, or 1st jet, but I have become comfortable with the handling, evening without vectors.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just forgot, I took a couple vids of us just using ballast and the Yamaha wake booster...

paharam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
This is super helpful. Thanks. To answer the question above. I've been running an I/O for the last 9 years. This is my first jet boat. I'm thinking either the TVW or Cobra Fins could benefit me and the wife given the big change.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is super helpful. Thanks. To answer the question above. I've been running an I/O for the last 9 years. This is my first jet boat. I'm thinking either the TVW or Cobra Fins could benefit me and the wife given the big change.
I have the TVW and it definitely knocks the spray down. It's nice when you have tubers or anyone behind the boat.

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
BTW I have a brand new set of TWV for sale for a great price. PM me if you want em :)
Congrats on the new boat!

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Without a device, the wave is rough. We use the booster and are very happy, but you'll also see great posts about the Wedge and some about TVW as well. You probably can't go wrong, but I would recommend some extra ballast if you want to maximize your experience. We run an extra 500'lb of steel the boat.