• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 212xd

apxfndr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Just upgraded my old 212x to a 2021XD. Reading the manual to sort out how to use the touch screen. Are people still addding Thrust Vectors to 2021 boats? My old boat was a 2012 and I had them on that before it hit the water as a "needed item." The goal with the boat is to surf. Thanks. We are on Pool 7 of the Mississippi.

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
I haven’t felt like I needed thrust vectors for low speed handling on my 2021 212XE. I just bump the throttle for low speed turning, and driving on the trailer. The portion of the tv’s that hits the jet wash may reduce some jet spray, and clean up the wake a little. I’m 5’10” 175 lbs, and with factory ballast all full, I can’t get enough push from the wake to surf without a rope. This is with only two adults on the boat. I don’t have a wakebooster, and it looks like I’ll need one. I sure hope the wakebooster gets it surfable. I don’t want above deck ballast, because I think it all looks hideous, and just blah. I’m hoping a few more people on the boat will get it surfable. Love the boat, but it’s not really a purpose built wakeboard or wake surfing boat. Not as it is from the factory anyway. I don’t know how many more times I can get away with saying “Hey babe, I ordered something else for the boat”.

apxfndr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
I did get a wakebooster but yet to give it a go. I am the exact same size hope it works without riding a longboard. (nice finish on the Les Paul-BTW)

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just upgraded my old 212x to a 2021XD. Reading the manual to sort out how to use the touch screen. Are people still addding Thrust Vectors to 2021 boats? My old boat was a 2012 and I had them on that before it hit the water as a "needed item." The goal with the boat is to surf. Thanks. We are on Pool 7 of the Mississippi.
you still need thrust vector but not Lateral Thrusters you already have yamaha built-in on 2021 models.

apxfndr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Have not tried surfing yet. Thanks for the advice on the Trust vectors.

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The articulating keel on the newer boats seems to help compared to an older model I drove. I think the biggest help you’d get from a steering mod would be easier docking. Those swift currents on the river can make things tricky at the ramps.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
you still need thrust vector but not Lateral Thrusters you already have yamaha built-in on 2021 models.
where are these lateral thrusters you speak of? lol i have a 255xd, dont see nothing thats gonna aide in that

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
where are these lateral thrusters you speak of? lol i have a 255xd, dont see nothing thats gonna aide in that
The inside housing where the reverse bucket drops, notice there is 2 bottom hole that points to the side, that's your lateral thrusters.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The inside housing where the reverse bucket drops, notice there is 2 bottom hole that points to the side, that's your lateral thrusters.
im gonna go peek now....lol brb.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
i guess you can call them sorta lateral thrusters. Def not to the extreme that the JBP versions do

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
i guess you can call them sorta lateral thrusters. Def not to the extreme that the JBP versions do
works for me, even on neutral you can steer the stern. I never had older jetboat so I cant really compare.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
works for me, even on neutral you can steer the stern. I never had older jetboat so I cant really compare.
I came from a 2006 seadoo speedster 200 wake, those buckets BRP use are awesome. I miss that kinda influence.