• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 212XE South Carolina

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Picked up our new 212XE last month! We’ve had a couple of nice weekends, so she’s been in the water twice. We really love it so far. There’s one thing that is extremely disappointing about it though. After spending about an hour messing around with the connext system, there is no menu for the sound system equalizer. I called Yamaha, and they said they have a new vendor for the connext unit, and they didn’t include an eq on the 2021X models. So the top of the line Wet Sounds system only plays on a flat eq curve. It basically sounds like a really loud hand-held AM transistor radio from the 1970’s. What the heck???74A78051-30E0-45DF-887F-70924A518FAB.jpeg69E49DC7-3531-4E60-AFDE-55A2A1F1E7A6.jpeg

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Nice looking boat. That colour really pops. Wow. Seriously about the EQ? That is disappointing. I hope they have a software upgrade available. I’d hope the technology is integrated. a lack of EQ makes no sense.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That's my favorite looking boat from the 2021 lineup along with the baby blue 255

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yep. Got my 212 October last year. About to replace the entire sound system this month.

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's a fine looking boat! If I am not mistaken you got her at Marine Max on Lake Wyile too right where I got my 212x last year, if so I will have to look for you out there this summer. Sound system with no EQ??? mine at least has some 5 profiles to chose from, not "awesome" but it gets the job done, Yamaha should make this right with an after market add on for those with the "high end" system you should expect that as standard on "top of line system". Would you expect hand crank windows on your high end luxury car??

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
That's a fine looking boat! If I am not mistaken you got her at Marine Max on Lake Wyile too right where I got my 212x last year, if so I will have to look for you out there this summer. Sound system with no EQ??? mine at least has some 5 profiles to chose from, not "awesome" but it gets the job done, Yamaha should make this right with an after market add on for those with the "high end" system you should expect that as standard on "top of line system". Would you expect hand crank windows on your high end luxury car??
I did get it at Marine Max Lake Wylie. The staff was great there. How did you know? The entire state of South Carolina is a small town. Guess there weren’t too many lime green 212x boats around.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
they didn’t include an eq on the 2021X models. So the top of the line Wet Sounds system only plays on a flat eq curve.
Apparently Yamaha is aware of the issue and could be working on a firmware update that will add EQ.
It basically sounds like a really loud hand-held AM transistor radio from the 1970’s. What the heck???
If it really sounds that bad, something is not working properly, perhaps some of the speakers are wired out of phase or the sub is not working properly?

Personally I like a flat curve as it sounds more natural...but that's just me.

OBXjetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Wow yours came with a cover! First boat I have ever heard of or seen that came with a cover? Amazing

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Wow yours came with a cover! First boat I have ever heard of or seen that came with a cover? Amazing
He may have paid for it, didn't see anywhere where it said it came with the cover. Mine did include the cover in the sale but that was pre-covid

mikepayne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also just bought my 2021 AR210 from Lake Wylie Marine Max. First thing I did was have a sub, amp and tower speakers installed. Went with Freemans Car Stereo and they did a great job.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Im not sure how loud alot of people need their stereos, but yesterday I had mine at about a quarter the way up and the wife was yelling at me that she couldnt hear herself think, much less what I was saying.. I think its an age thing. If its too loud, you are too old.. haha

Needless to say, I wont be spending money on stereo upgrades. Big momma has spoken.

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
It didn’t come with the cover. I purchased it separately. I really like the Yamaha factory mooring cover. It fits it really nicely, and it super easy to put on. I can do it by myself from mostly inside the boat in just a few minutes.

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I did get it at Marine Max Lake Wylie. The staff was great there. How did you know? The entire state of South Carolina is a small town. Guess there weren’t too many lime green 212x boats around.
"Pay attention to the details" was pounded into my thick skull by drill instructors many years ago, often while in the "leaning rest position"! Have not seen you out there, I have only made it from boat lift to ramp and back for my preseason wax and service :(, hoping to make it out soon now that weather is getting nice. The Marie Max people at Wyile were great, have had great response from them for everything!

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks like at this rate we will be able to post about a Lake Wyile "meet up" on the Forum this summer!:eek:

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Looks like at this rate we will be able to post about a Lake Wyile "meet up" on the Forum this summer!:eek:
Count me in. I’m already due for my 10 hour service. The maintenance reminder popped up today, so I may take it to the dealership in the next few days. I took the day off, and went to Jocassee. It was my first time there and it’s amazing! 7 waterfalls, and we went to all of them.4BC7F83F-6878-4952-B90B-8624433BAEB6.jpeg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
My 2021 212SE came with a cover as well..