• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 215HO engine light

razorxp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
hi everyone just looking for some quick advise. Took boat out for first time yesterday and on the starboard engine it's getting an engine light, and above 3500 rpm it retards the starboard engine. Called dealer and they said can only clear by hooking up to a computer. Any advise?

Also had a second battery installed and now on battery 1 getting error of p0562 code?

Not a great first day!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@razorxp p0562 code is system voltage low. Double check your connections, and also if you are running both at the same time, make sure the batteries are good. If one of them is bad, the other will try to balance. This will cause issues.

Not sure about the engine. Have you tried resetting the system. (hold Mode and Select for 6 seconds)? Remember, you reset in the on position but without the engine on.

razorxp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks! Tried the reset with no luck. When we took it out with the dealer there were no engine lights.

Do you think it's ok to idle to the sandbar and park it or should I just leave it on the trailer for the weekend? Temps all look good and don't see anything major happening.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@razorxp you should be okay. The engine will be fine. It might have been a misfire. That happened to me in my first 10 hours, but never happened again. Enjoy the boat, monitor the engine, but don't worry about it.

razorxp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Spoke to the dealer today and the conversation didn't leave me with a ton of confidence. Manager said they did tests in house with no luck so they called brp and after being on hold for a while just left them a voicemail. They said they have been messing with it since Tuesday afternoon.

Anyone deal with their help Desk? They usually quick?

Thanks again scarabmike for the quick responses over the weekend.

Robert Sands

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The engine light on my boat just came on after 10 hours. Interestingly I had recently just installed a second battery as well. Everything seems ok though, I'll let you know if I find anything useful.

ht phil

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hello, I found a 2015 215 and bought it! Which brings me here - Any conclusion to the check engine light as I got the same thing this past weekend - Thanks for being here, I hope to contribute.

razorxp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It turned out to be a piece of wood inside the engine compartment caused a binding on one of the engines. They could only think it was shipped with it in there as there was no way for it to enter. I will say marine max in port Clinton are great to work with for service.

Good luck and enjoy the scarab

ht phil

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey Thanks!

I have a shallow harbor mouth, so I'm thinking something came thru the system and caused the engine light, not sure.

I have read about doing a reset with the key off, and disengaging the battery, will try those obvious things soon.

ht phil

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
after using the boat a bit, the engine light went away, so who knows!

Jay DeOrdio

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just had a check starboard engine light come on myself, 4 questions. How many O2 sensors are there? Where are they located and how do you retrieve the codes? And, can I use the boat in the meantime? I have family coming in town for the week and really want to use the boat, 215HO Impulse, 2016.
Thanks

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just had a check starboard engine light come on myself, 4 questions. How many O2 sensors are there? Where are they located and how do you retrieve the codes? And, can I use the boat in the meantime? I have family coming in town for the week and really want to use the boat, 215HO Impulse, 2016.
Thanks
In this forum, 2nd sticky down is the Rotax shop manual that can be downloaded. See pdf page 195 and on, on how to read and diagnose fault codes. You can also do a find (Ctrl+F) "Oxygen" to find information in regards to where the O2 sensors are, troubleshooting, etc.

P.S. - You'll have 4, see pdf page 275.