• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 242 Limited S Aux Voltage Warning

curtwalt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just to close the loop, I charged both batteries this past week, rewired everything as suggested in this thread and it worked like a champ this weekend. I also have the INNOVA battery monitor for future reference thanks to @Boat Crazy.

Thanks again everyone.

rob ritz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I get the Aux Voltage sign and the beep about every three minutes. The batteries are hooked up correctly and fully charged. Any ideas?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you have the big black wire connecting the negative terminals on the batteries? It gets forgotten a lot and can cause this.
I recall this being the problem on another 2013 242 LS. That is, the lead connecting the two batteries was not installed during dealer prep which caused intermittent voltage alarms.

rob ritz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes the lead connecting the two batteries is installed. Cannot find anything wrong with battery connections from everything I have viewed and heard. Going into the dealer to see if they can fix it. Will post result from dealer.

Last edited:

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What does your readout on the gauge show for the battery voltages?

rob ritz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Checked them this morning and I believe they were in the 13 range.

rein

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I purchased this from amazon for $13.95 and use it all the time. Just plug into your helm power port.
View attachment 6308
Seems like a simple test for our batteries but since there are two batteries how do you know which battery is being tested?

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I added 2 batteries for a total of 4, plus a 4 bank battery charger.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems like a simple test for our batteries but since there are two batteries how do you know which battery is being tested?
switching your battery from one battery to the other on the battery cutoff switch will give you a reading for each battery.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you have the big black wire connecting the negative terminals on the batteries? It gets forgotten a lot and can cause this.
I had this problem late last season and thought it was just the batteries so I replaced them both with interstate Agms (almost $300 each). Had this problem again yesterday the 4th or 5th day out this year. After listening to the radio at anchor for a few hours yesterday it shut off and wouldn't come back on, soon the aux voltage alarm started going off. I combined the power and got rid of the alarm but need to take care of this for peace of mind going forward. My used boat came with a short negative lead but it wasn't installed, I will install one between the negative terminal on my batteries in the hope of addressing this before the next outing. Funny things are that I hadn't had this issue for the first 4 seasons that I owned the boat and my batteries are on an onboard charger / maintainer whenever the boat is off the water.