• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Addition to the family...

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was in Houston last week for some training. Yesterday while in the airport I get a text from my wife: "We are at the Humane Society and we found a dog."

Oh boy...

Here's "Rose":

Rose is about 8 months old. They describe her as a "Lab Mix." Looks like a lot of Terrier in there to me.

She just arrived in WI a couple of days ago. She got shipped up here from an overcrowded shelter in Mississippi. They had her fixed on the 3rd.

She is VERY shy. So far she only trusts my Wife and 2nd Daughter - and then only a little. (Although I was the one that finally got her to eat something.)

She's doing a lot of sleeping which is normal considering everything she's been through in the last week.

She's doing O.K. with the housebreaking but we understand considering the stress she's under right now.

I think she's going to be a really good dog.

I guess I'm back in the dog business. :)

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations. Lots of treats and she will quickly warm up to you.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
She looks "nice" ..... but at the same time she also looks like she COULD eat you outta house and BOAT !

LOL - j/k - Enjoy ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
She looks "nice" ..... but at the same time she also looks like she COULD eat you outta house and BOAT !

LOL - j/k - Enjoy ! Mikey Lulejian - Lakje Oconee, GA
Yeah, she's only around 40 lbs now (so they claim, didn't actually weigh her) but I'm a bit concerned. One good sign is that her paws aren't over-sized for her body. That usually means they are going to get a LOT bigger...

'Course the other question that remains: Will she be a boat dog or not? Up to us I know, I'm just not sure whether I want the extra hassle while on the water (4 kids + friends is a lot to deal with already...).

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! Both of our dogs are Humane Society dogs. One goes boating with us, and the other hates water so she stays home. If you do end up taking her out on the boat, do it with only a few people the first time or two, and only do it once she has warmed up to each person that will be on the boat those first couple times. Once she is comfortable having her there won't really be much of a hassle at all, and will ultimately add to the enjoyment of being out on the water.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bogie.JPG

Wow, she looks so much like our dog. Officially, ours was called a terrier mix. We had him going on 15 years before he finally succumbed to old age.
We miss him so much.
I hope your dog turns out to be as well behaved and intelligent - we'll never have one like him again.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 23631

Wow, she looks so much like our dog. Officially, ours was called a terrier mix. We had him going on 15 years before he finally succumbed to old age.
We miss him so much.
I hope your dog turns out to be as well behaved and intelligent - we'll never have one like him again.
Wow. They do bear a resemblance.

She had her first Vet checkup and they think she's closer to 1 year old. They think that she might have some Ridgeback in her because of the markings around her face.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. They do bear a resemblance.

She had her first Vet checkup and they think she's closer to 1 year old. They think that she might have some Ridgeback in her because of the markings around her face.
Ours was thought to have some Ridgeback as well...especially when protecting his family - he literally had that ridge going down his back.

This will be our first season without him on the Yamaha...it's going to be tough for sure.

Spring Break bogie.jpg

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ours was thought to have some Ridgeback as well...especially when protecting his family - he literally had that ridge going down his back.

This will be our first season without him on the Yamaha...it's going to be tough for sure.

View attachment 23632
I hear ya. We had to put down our dog of 13 years in Spring of 2012. That was tough.

Biggest mistake I made was not getting another one after two weeks. You need two weeks to mourn a bit but after that you start to enjoy the convenience of not having to deal with the hassle of a dog.

If my Wife hadn't forced it, I'd still be dragging my feet. (Glad she forced it though. ;))