• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Amplifiers on 255

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I think I’ve decided to not deal with the frustration of using the Connext screen for audio and go with a separate head unit. By the time I purchase the needed harnesses and LOCs, I’m at or over the cost of a new head unit and remote.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I think I’ve decided to not deal with the frustration of using the Connext screen for audio and go with a separate head unit. By the time I purchase the needed harnesses and LOCs, I’m at or over the cost of a new head unit and remote.
But then you do not have a Large touch screen remote. Using the large rotary knob that controls the Conext screen for audio is great.
YOU DO NOT NEED said harness. IF you use AMP with HI level inputs. OR the LOC. You just cut off the plug that goes into the OEM amp.
The Audio control units also clean up the OEM sound.
The Tower is plenty loud as is but, the 6ch has to go.
I plan for mine is I added a Wet Sounds SYN-DX4. I'm running the bow and new mid ship 6.5" ch1/2 Zone 1. Then CH3/4 Zone 2 factory rear cabin speakers and stern. and zone 4 is a NVX VAD2700.1 on 4 wet sounds 12"Fa Revo.

Links
LOC a few more options
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-108353-AudioControl-LC7i-Black.html
2. https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-190407-NVX-XLOC66X.html
3. with bass knob https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-181125-AudioControl-LC7i-Black-Free-NVX-Complete-Bass-Knob.html

amp 4ch Wet Sounds SYN-DX Series Marine Amplifiers
amp mono https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-158923-NVX-VAD27001.html

If you want a OEM to Line out to connect to the high level inputs of a LOC or amp PM me

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
what HU are you looking at? A solid one with multiple zones with remote is going to be over $500

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
what HU are you looking at? A solid one with multiple zones with remote is going to be over $500
Kicker KMC5

My thought was that I need a LOC for each of the three amps I’ll be installing: cabin, tower, subs. With the cost of three good LOCs and the harnesses to keep from cutting the factory plugs off, I’m at almost $500. But after reading the last post from @jacoviii, I’m thinking I might try a harnesses first and try to retain the factory functionality. I’ll just need to add some form of EQ since the Connext doesn’t have one.

@jacoviii I’ll be reaching out in the near future about harnesses.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@jacoviii I’ll be reaching out in the near future about harnesses.
[/QUOTE]
I sent you a PM.