• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Anodes

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I want to switch out to Aluminum Anodes on my '16 212X. Anyone know a part number, and how many we have on our boats? I know there's one on each outdrive, but are there any others I should change out? We are on the upper half of the Chesapeake bay, and we are wet slipping this summer. I want to take as much precaution as I can here.

Should be at least one on each motor.
You have the 1.8 so i am not as familiar but usually the boat parts online stores will show it all

Aluminum will work great in salt and brackish water. I don’t think Yamaha sells anything other than the zinc but you could buy some aluminum, cut to size and drill holes to match the zinc anodes.

Aluminum will work great in salt and brackish water. I don’t think Yamaha sells anything other than the zinc but you could buy some aluminum, cut to size and drill holes to match the zinc anodes.
Yea, that was my thought too. Nothing short of just an aluminum block, right?

Found this pic of stock Yamaha zinc anode. Maybe can use it for sizing reference if you find something already very close in dimensions.

E7F0483A-B88D-4710-948A-61DF01E481D7.png

the factory ones are magnesium I use zinc in salt water and you can have one of each on either side of the pump

Yea, that was my thought too. Nothing short of just an aluminum block, right?

The alloy is important, so not just any block of aluminum will work. From what I’ve read you’ll want an alloy that meets or exceeds mil-spec MIL-DTL-24779. There is a company called Performance Metals Navalloy that specializes in aluminum anodes that meet this specification. May want to reach out to them to see if they have something that will be a near drop in replacement.

Something like this may work but you’ll need to verify dimensions of course. I’d give them a call.

The alloy is important, so not just any block of aluminum will work. From what I’ve read you’ll want an alloy that meets or exceeds mil-spec MIL-DTL-24779. There is a company called Performance Metals Navalloy that specializes in aluminum anodes that meet this specification. May want to reach out to them to see if they have something that will be a near drop in replacement.

Something like this may work but you’ll need to verify dimensions of course. I’d give them a call.

Thanks!

the factory ones are magnesium I use zinc in salt water and you can have one of each on either side of the pump
Not a bad idea... Its more fresh than salty in the upper bay, but that also depends on the amount of rainfall this year.

don't worry about the shape or the hole location because you can drill holes in them to match your bosses or add a bracket to one of the pump bolts and add them there

I want to switch out to Aluminum Anodes on my '16 212X. Anyone know a part number, and how many we have on our boats? I know there's one on each outdrive, but are there any others I should change out? We are on the upper half of the Chesapeake bay, and we are wet slipping this summer. I want to take as much precaution as I can here.
There's another anode inside the engine that should be changed out:
But you might not find a suitable zinc replacement for it as it may not be a standard size. Worst case you just change it out more often.

Back