• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New ar192 owner review and questions.

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
After almost buying a scrab, but bad dealer and reliability scare. Went with 2016 ar192. So far after about 10 hrs. Plus's minuses and questions.
Thumbs up
Jet boat able to back into beach
Swim platform
Storage
Roomy for 19'
Rides great
Thumbs down
Could use more power, gets job done but would like more
Hard to keep at constant speed for sports
Wish it had bigger wake for wake surfing
Not a big fan of gage, too much work to find info
I think it's a great boat but probable should have bought next size up but was 25000 Canadian more. Can we get a bit more power and something to help keep speed consistant. Ballast for bigger wake or not worth it?
Please help me save $25000 and make this boat work for us.

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum @Brad Dunn and congrats on the new purchase! You should update your profile so it lists your location on the map and boat year/model. I love my 2016 AR192! It's not perfect (no boat is) but for your thumbs down of the boat thankfully there are remedies to them.
  • "Could use more power, gets job done but would like more" - Upgrade the intercooler to SVHO or Frozen Boost. The stock one is too small and causes heat soak, robbing you of power and MPH after just a few minutes of use. We all suffer from it with our supercharged engines so I'm in the same boat (no pun). I will be upgrading mine as soon as I have funds for it in the winter. See this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/sx-192-mods.6550/
  • "Hard to keep at constant speed for sports" - Perhaps something like Perfect Pass would help. I know the stock Cruise Assist isn't ideal as its RPM dependent but it can hold you over depending on the water sport. I know it says for twin engines but others have installed it on the single engine boats. http://perfectpass.com/?q=ppforyamaha
  • "Wish it had bigger wake for wake surfing" - You'll need ballasts if you want a surf-able wake. This goes for practically any small boat out there, including dedicated wake boats. I'm in the process of adding ballast to my 2016 AR192 for surfing. there are images on here and videos that show you a 19' boat can put out a nice clean wave for surfing. I recently bought a Fly High 750 lb fat sac ballast to lay across the rear seat or on the bench (surf side). Based on other more knowledgeable surfers on here who have surfed behind a 190/192, a 750 lb bag gets you a nice clean straight-line surf-able wake and you can go from there how much larger you want it. You'll never get a Tige level of massive long wake on a jet boat but they are decent at creating a fun wake to play on. Looks like you already have ballast on that picture and a decent wave to start with.
  • "Not a big fan of gage, too much work to find info" - Not much we can do there and I too would rather have a larger separate LCD readout with toggle buttons. I don't care for the Connext screen as it has its share of issues on the 2015+ 24' boats. What all info are you looking for while driving the boat? Typically I toggle between depth gauge (it's not accurate but gives me a ball park) and fuel bar. Anything else real specific like digital RPM readout or engine hours I do very rarely and only for curious testing or once-in-a-time info. I wished we had a temp gauge for engine temp, supercharger temp, boost gauge, etc.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's some images I created from pausing @CFD3Captain youtube video when he has 192 with Perfect Pass.

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree with you on the gauge, I think they could do more there

But whatever lake you're on in those pictures looks awesome

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Can't comment much on the other stuff @haknslash covered it all great. I agree with the gauge though. Wish it had engine temp and oil pressure. It would be easier if it just let us scroll the whole list instead of pressing both buttons to get to "more info". Not very intuitive at all.