• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New AR240 engine trouble warning

Bssmith1220

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We had our new boat out for the fourth time ever today (7 hours on engines) and about 5 minutes in I got a warning alarm that said check starboard engine (I think it said to shut it off) and consult your Yamaha dealer. I shut that engine down and as soon as I did I got the same warning on the port engine. I shut them both down, checked for any debris in the clean out ports (there was none), started the engines back up. Got both warnings again. Shut everything off, cut off batteries, restarted and everything was fine all day after that.
Has anyone experienced anything like this? It wasn’t a very comforting feeling as a new boater and with 11 other people on board (most of them kids).

shanes17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Following...

We have about 4 hours on our new AR240

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nothing, huh?
I also have a new AR240. Cannot say I’ve had that. Sounds like a computer glitch, might also have have been a weird electrical anomaly that triggered something. The obvious safe answer is to have the dealer hook up the computer and see what codes popped.

Check your motor mount bolts. Completely unrelated to your problem but I had two bolts both come out of one of the motor mounts. Found the bolts under the bilge pump. Looking at the thread locker on them I don’t think they ever were put in all the way.

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2018 AR240 and that happened to me at the dealer check ride with exactly .5 hours on both engines. Reset everything and haven't had an issue and now at 65 hours. However, the next time out I was doing what I call the "DUMMY" checks, and found that the battery cables were loose. I'm thinking that might have been the cause.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Check cables connecting to batteries, grey cable connections in the engine bay (particularly on the throttle positions sensors - one on each "wall" of the engine bay), and behind the helm. Don't attempt to pull them out and reset, rather, just push them in to make sure they're not loose.

shark99

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had the same issues with both engines, but mine were due to low voltage at the battery. We had been floating for an hour or so with the radio blasting and once we started it up to leave I got the check engine messages. Once we rode around for a little bit everything was fine. I make it a point now to charge the battery before each use and always check the cables to see if they are loose.

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had it happen on one engine after the first start up in the spring , but i attributed it to maybe too much fogging oil in the intake during winterization ...if its running fine and your oil level is ok and not overheating while operating i really wouldnt worry about it

Bssmith1220

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s been fine the last several outings. Who knows what it was. But all good now.

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hello all. this just happened to our 2020 AR240 as well at spring commissioning. Started with only the Starboard side, then it was both port and starboard. Shut everything down, disconnected batteries. fully charged both batteries (house and start) reconnected and tried again. Same warnings. Went into the Wellness tab on the Connext control and reset the wellness which was showing 26 hours. Once it reset to zero, we tried again and the code was gone. We are in the Northeast on the CT river and have not taken a full ride yet. will update if anything changes. FYI Owners manual lists the cause of this warning as a "Faulty Sensor". Hope this helps

Gooch

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had this happen on our AR250 the first time we took it out. Shut both engines down, checked everything...nothing was noticed. I took it back to the dealer to fix some small issues and had them put the computer on it. They pulled a code on the starboard side engine that showed an over heat at .1 hours. (Yes that is .1 hours) They didn’t know what caused it or why it happened, but after 8 hours it hasn’t happened again.

TX Drift Away

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had the same issue on 2019 AR240. Shutdown and restarted, never had the issue. Reported to the dealer, just FYI.