• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New AR240 owner in Lexington

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just signed the papers, wrote the check and arranged for delivery of my Yamaha AR240. After reading the entire owners manual (all 135 pages) I found this forum. Looking forward to many years of reading and sharing stories about everyones boating adventures.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Post pics and don't put away that checkbook yet! This site is sure to get you to spend more money on mods and upgrades!

Congrats!

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats. Trevor is right. I just picked up my new boat yesterday and spent another $200 in just the dang Yamaha showroom. Not to mention the other stuff that I plan to do after reading this forum thoroughly. All good stuff. Buying a new boat should be exciting, so what the heck.

Enjoy your new ride!!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:Welcome: You're gonna love your new boat and this place! Congratulations.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks guys !! Not too many funds left right now. Got to refill the piggy bank . The Yamaha dealer got me for most of my initial add ons. I did go with the Thrust Vector XV from JetPilot and the throttle sync switch.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @WildCatFan54 a d congrats on the new boat. You're sure to have a memorable summer this year.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
:Welcome: @WildCatFan54 !

Not too many funds left right now. Got to refill the piggy bank.
Meh, keep reading the forums - this gang makes such a good argument for most of the mods that pretty soon you'll find yourself spending money you wish you had - like many of us! :woot:

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
There are lots of little low cost things you will find that can keep you moving forward while the funds accumulate for the big items. Just keep reading.

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat! If you can find lodging, you might consider joining the Shelbyville gathering in July.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks , I plan on being there in July. Already have room at the State Park lodge for that weekend. Happy boating to all between now and then.

BgTravis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hello from the other side of the state. Come on over and visit Kentucky Lake! Congrats! You will love it and of course...Go Cats!

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This forum is the best thing about owning a Yamaha. Any question can be answered in minutes and it will save you money (and more importantly time) from not having the boat at the dealer during boating season. Congrats!

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
IMG_0381.JPG After several delays (terrible weather) we finally got her on the water for the first time on Friday. Wow, it is such a comfortable ride and thrill when those jets kick in !! Very different from my Bayliner 185 trade-in which if you look closely or blow up my avatar can be seen in the background as she is towed away. She served me well but I love my AR240. First thing on my priority list however is to improve that floor storage compartment door ??? Yamaha did not have their best "rocket scientist" assigned to that design !!

Last edited:

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Todd. I see you are from Destin. LOVE that area and headed that way in late June for a week with family and friends at Miramar. We do it annually and its great ! The Yamaha however will not be going on vacation. She is confined to Lake Cumberland until about November when stored for the winter.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Todd. I see you are from Destin. LOVE that area and headed that way in late June for a week with family and friends at Miramar. We do it annually and its great ! The Yamaha however will not be going on vacation. She is confined to Lake Cumberland until about November when stored for the winter.
Awesome! Too bad you can't bring the boat. Destin loves Yamaha Jet Boats haha. The water has cleared up from all the recent rain here and it's perfect. Hope it's still good while you're here. Let me know if I can help you out with any pointers while you're down.