• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New ar240

Joe coady

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi everyone. I am brand new here. Just sold my 2002 lx2000. I am in the process of buying either an 2014 or 2015 ar 240. The price difference is 8k. I assume the 2015 improvements or changes is not worth the additional 8k. Is this a common opinion? Anyone disagree if so why. Any pros, cons or insight on either year boat. I am also looking to increase the speed if possible and realistic. Any thoughts? Is it possible, if so how. I assume any mods would avoid my 5 yr warranty. Appreciate any thoughts or opinions. Joe

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Either will be a much larger and have a smoother ride than your LS2000. But you will miss the incredible acceleration and cornering. The larger boats are still fun but they sacrifice performance for comfort.

I would buy the 2015 over the 2014. The 2016s will be coming out soon. You may be able to use that to negotiate on the 2015.

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have a nicely upgraded 2014 for sale!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I waited for the 2015 because of all the improvements and I would say yes they are worth the 8K. Little bit bigger boat, MUCH quieter, articulating keel, nicer towers, connext touch screen, dual captains chairs and more I'm sure I'm forgetting. I'm sure with the 2016's getting announced next week you should be able to get a good deal on some leftovers somewhere.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would wait for the 2016's to come out to see what they have to offer and then possibly try to locate a leftover 2015 at a larger discount. IMO, the QUIETER sound, touchscreen, hinged seats, nicer tower and better handling have real value. I think your resale value will be considerably higher than a 2010-2014 as well. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Now if you told me you were comparing a 2010-2011 for $32k vs a 2015 for $55k, I would go with the used boat.

Joe coady

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys. When the 2016 are released next week- what is put out- features, photos and msrp? What makes the 2015 so much quieter over the 2014. I can't find any comparisons on noise. Helipilot- thanks for serving- what's your bottom #. The 2016 dont come in till March April correct. I don't think I will get 8k off msrp on a 2015 unless I wait till next July/ August. Right? I personally like the 2015 space blue more than any 2014. I am struggling to justify spending 8 k more on a 2015. You guys are making it harder but I am getting what I asked for. Thank you

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think in the long run you will get 8K back in value because of all the new features. They did a lot of changes to make them quieter, sound deadening materials, new pump coupler, redesigned the engine bay to reduce the sound resonance. If you look for it in some older threads I remember posting the noise levels for a bunch of boats and the new 2015's were quieter than most I/O's.

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2015 is the way to go. Better all around. Well worth the 8k. Here is a link with info on the sound difference. Also, the keel makes the boat ride much smoother...

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I should've watched that video first, not the one I thought it was. There is one out there where they use a decibel meter and compare to the previous year. I think the 2015 was 8 or 9db quieter. If you don't know db's, ever 3db equals 50%.
'

NKTARHEEL

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love my boat, but still jealous of the newer models, either way, you'll love the 24 footer!

Mauimike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's a very stable boat! My wife does not want to sell our 2015 242ls until next year, if at all. I may sell sooner. Since I dry dock it, the Trailer has never been in the water and sits inside. My kids moving away... at 30 hours I would be at ~$52.500 put a good dn.