• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Audio System Install Wiring Help Please

Invictus

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Would you wire this any different? I understand that everything is pretty basic but I'm not sure if the tower speakers should be wired different because they can be run 4 Ohm or 2 Ohm and the amp can squeeze out a little more power @ 2 Ohm (I don't care about stereo/mono...bridged possibly?)

PS: Before you say anything about it, I know that my sub might be a underpowered...going to try it this way and adjust if necessary.
😜

Amp Wiring Diagram Basic.jpg little

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Honestly, the RMS rating of those tower speakers and the amp in 4ohm are the same, so I would run them just how you have everything set up in that picture.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
One item I have used that can make any boat system sound better for a marginal price is an eq . It splits the rca into separate front rear sub outputs that can be configured to tower cabin sub allows quick adjustment to match the music being played some music has very heavy bass added . When in the boat you adjust it one way when out of the boat a different way it gives you total flexibility and sound tuning to optimize the power and not over drive certain speakers. Also having these adjustments at your finger tips and not have to go deep into settings to make adjustments.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Hope to start upgrading mine in a week or so. I have 1 amp for the tower speakers and one for the 6 5.5s and 10 inch sub. I will bridge channels 5&6 for the sub.

Invictus

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Honestly, the RMS rating of those tower speakers and the amp in 4ohm are the same, so I would run them just how you have everything set up in that picture.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yeah, I have been educating myself over the past couple days and came to that same conclusion. My shipment comes in today of all the speakers. My weekend project is set!!!