• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Auto Launch feature now available for Ridesteady owners

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Auto Launch™ is now available as an option on Ridesteady for Yamaha Jet Boat units. Auto Launch allows the driver to push the throttle lever(s) full forward when bringing up a rider, with the Ridesteady system setting the acceleration towards the set speed based on the user profile.

With Ridesteady controlling the acceleration, the driver can focus on steering the boat while the rider gets the same, predictable bring-up acceleration every time. Additionally, initial set speed overshoot is greatly reduced, often eliminated.

The acceleration setting is tweakable in each user profile to the rider’s experience level and preference.

The feature may be added at the product options page. Existing Ridesteady for Yamaha owners can purchase the upgrade here.

More information here.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is awesome. Be on the lookout for my CPU to come back once the boat is out of storage.

One of only a few small complaints with the system was how it launched and overshot without some driver input. This sounds like it addresses that head on. My wife is gonna love it.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is awesome. Be on the lookout for my CPU to come back once the boat is out of storage.

One of only a few small complaints with the system was how it launched and overshot without some driver input. This sounds like it addresses that head on. My wife is gonna love it.
Thanks @2kwik4u !

I think this will help out your situation well. I look forward to hearing from you!

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How well does the ride steady maintain exact speeds set and adjust for variable wind / waves that push the boat around?

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How well does the ride steady maintain exact speeds set and adjust for variable wind / waves that push the boat around?
Thanks for the question, @Farny .

The system is constantly adjusting. How aggressive it is to maintain the set speed is determined by the "response" parameter, which is settable per user. It will respond to anything that slows the boat down, wind and waves included!

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have had Ridesteady for many years. And we actually use it more when we just cruising. It is amazing and will hold speed very well. I adjusted the responsiveness parameter for when we cruising to react less and make changes to throttle slower and it works very nice.
Just turn the little dial up or down and don't worry about it, boat speed stays exact in all weather conditions.
We have been doing less water sports the last few years. Been using different part of river which is smaller and more crowded. But we did more wakeboarding and wakesurfing the ridesteady truly was awesome. We use a more aggressive throttle control setting. The ridesteady is a very good system.
. ....
My 11 year old boy flipped out with joy when he heard about the potential upgrade. As a family we are super excited.
@Ridesteady Thank you for making this upgrade available. Very great!

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have had Ridesteady for many years. And we actually use it more when we just cruising. It is amazing and will hold speed very well. I adjusted the responsiveness parameter for when we cruising to react less and make changes to throttle slower and it works very nice.
Just turn the little dial up or down and don't worry about it, boat speed stays exact in all weather conditions.
We have been doing less water sports the last few years. Been using different part of river which is smaller and more crowded. But we did more wakeboarding and wakesurfing the ridesteady truly was awesome. We use a more aggressive throttle control setting. The ridesteady is a very good system.
. ....
My 11 year old boy flipped out with joy when he heard about the potential upgrade. As a family we are super excited.
@Ridesteady Thank you for making this upgrade available. Very great!
Thanks so much for your kind words, @dan144k !

That's a great tip about turning response down for cruising. It smooths it out when you don't need aggressive control.

Auto Launch also would work well with cruising - it will get you up to speed in a more predictable, even way.

johnso30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m very excited about this as well. Love Ridesteady on my current boat - it’s a complete marriage saver. I’m waiting for my new AR250 to come in, and then I’ll be adding Ridesteady to it first thing - including Auto Launch.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m very excited about this as well. Love Ridesteady on my current boat - it’s a complete marriage saver. I’m waiting for my new AR250 to come in, and then I’ll be adding Ridesteady to it first thing - including Auto Launch.
Thanks so much, @johnso30 ! Reliving stress and allowing both driver and rider to enjoy their time on the water is precisely the purpose behind Ridesteady. We're so happy to hear that it's working well for you!

The upgrade does require your CPU to be sent in, so something you may want to consider before your season starts.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered. I’m excited to try this. Last summer was our families first time wakeboarding and it didn’t take long to figure out that it was a lot of work to stay in the sweet spot for speed. Some (my wife) managed to beat me up so bad that I almost thought I didn’t like water sports. Hopefully no more sinking to my ankles then getting jerked onto my face on the correction 😂. At least it would take her a few to come back around and pick me up so I could get my shockingly rude stream of cussing out of the way.

johnso30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This will be well worth your investment. I’m coming from a similar place where my wife is still relatively new to driving a boat. This allows her to push the throttle down and then focus on where she’s going. Much better experience for everyone involved.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ordered. I’m excited to try this. Last summer was our families first time wakeboarding and it didn’t take long to figure out that it was a lot of work to stay in the sweet spot for speed. Some (my wife) managed to beat me up so bad that I almost thought I didn’t like water sports. Hopefully no more sinking to my ankles then getting jerked onto my face on the correction 😂. At least it would take her a few to come back around and pick me up so I could get my shockingly rude stream of cussing out of the way.
Ridesteady will make it easier for your wife driving, and you'll have a consistent speed to learn with. Win-win!

Thanks much for your business!

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One thing to add - for those upgrading their Ridesteady, it requires resetting the USERS (i.e. profiles / settings). So, please write down any settings before sending in.

If this is a big issue, there may be a way around it, but you'll have to contact us in advance of sending in your CPU.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One thing to add - for those upgrading their Ridesteady, it requires resetting the USERS (i.e. profiles / settings). So, please write down any settings before sending in.

If this is a big issue, there may be a way around it, but you'll have to contact us in advance of sending in your CPU.
Good to know. Thanks for communicating that.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Count me in..just have to wait ti'll fall to send in. I only get a couple of months of boating.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have had this running in my boat since May and I can say it's 100% worth it. Configuring the THR values was super simple. Now when my wife pulls me on the board, or foil, or surfing, it's the same.exact.pull.every.time! I absolutely love it.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have had this running in my boat since May and I can say it's 100% worth it. Configuring the THR values was super simple. Now when my wife pulls me on the board, or foil, or surfing, it's the same.exact.pull.every.time! I absolutely love it.
Thanks so much for the kind review, @anmut !

In fact, the Auto Launch was a fair amount of work to develop, and it's great to hear it's being well received! :)

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Auto Launch™ is now available as an option on Ridesteady for Yamaha Jet Boat units. Auto Launch allows the driver to push the throttle lever(s) full forward when bringing up a rider, with the Ridesteady system setting the acceleration towards the set speed based on the user profile.

With Ridesteady controlling the acceleration, the driver can focus on steering the boat while the rider gets the same, predictable bring-up acceleration every time. Additionally, initial set speed overshoot is greatly reduced, often eliminated.

The acceleration setting is tweakable in each user profile to the rider’s experience level and preference.

The feature may be added at the product options page. Existing Ridesteady for Yamaha owners can purchase the upgrade here.

More information here.

Attachments