• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New bern (or similar) to Cape Look out run June 29th (tentative)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@bronze_10 I could be talked into a run from New Bern or Beaufort to Myrtle Beach or possible a run from Beaufort up to Norfolk if interested? These would be a one way run over two days just work a little logistics out on getting the trucks and trailers to the end.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m interested once we confirm a date.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have to think the intracoastal isn't too bad.... I highly doubt I would go out into the "real" ocean but who knows.

Cool about the Windjammer, if we can get rooms. I assume you've stayed there before? I think I read something about the Inlet Inn in Beaufort and some people staying there.

As for dates, seems like a few people are onboard with late June. I will most likely make a weekend out of it so June 28-30. If we meet up on the 29th or 30th isn't a big deal to me.

At this point, agreeing where we stay and base the trip from is probably the biggest decision we need to make.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert8 I am game for something like that. Not would need to work out logistics I guess.. if you are trying to get another chunk of the loop done we could even consider from.myertle beach to Washington nc or Elizabeth city... those are pretty close to me. Just working out the trailer logistics..

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert8 I am game for something like that. Not would need to work out logistics I guess.. if you are trying to get another chunk of the loop done we could even consider from.myertle beach to Washington nc or Elizabeth city... those are pretty close to me. Just working out the trailer logistics..
If we are ending in Myrtle logistics wont be that bad as you guys can just tow your trailers down and ride back up with me. I would then leave my tow vehicle up there and hitch a ride back up with you after the trip and grab my tow vehicle.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As we zero in on a date, if my wife doesnt want to ride on the boat that long she can drop us off at the ramp and then take the trailer home.... the next day cmshe could pull it to myrtle beach and would still beat us there. She could stay at the god parents house right near little river. Of course I have not even mentioned the topic to her.. lol

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As we zero in on a date, if my wife doesnt want to ride on the boat that long she can drop us off at the ramp and then take the trailer home.... the next day cmshe could pull it to myrtle beach and would still beat us there. She could stay at the god parents house right near little river. Of course I have not even mentioned the topic to her.. lol
I don’t know that my wife will want to join so it could possibly just be me on a ski. @Ramblin Wreck any interest or @ACrews

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Seems like we are talking about 2 different trips now..... Myrtle is out of my range.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes... @robert843 and I will discuss that trip on a seperate thread... we will keep this one focused on the original topic.

Last edited:

CraigLombardi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Would go yet as a copilot on someone boat. Let me know.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We've been chatting and chatting so I decided to pull the trigger....... I just booked a room at the Beaufort Hotel June 28-30. So, are people willing to make the run to New Bern Saturday, June 29? Leave from Beaufort area? If we do this, I will spend Sunday on the intracoastal.

Or we just meet and make run along the intracoastal, light houses, etc on Saturday and Sunday. I'm open to either.

I wanted to just get a hotel reserved since the summer will be busy out there and some hotels are already sold out.

What does everyone think of that? Better to run up to New Bern or hang along the coast?

jgpncll

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interested. Do you guys think my 190 could handle this?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We've been chatting and chatting so I decided to pull the trigger....... I just booked a room at the Beaufort Hotel June 28-30. So, are people willing to make the run to New Bern Saturday, June 29? Leave from Beaufort area? If we do this, I will spend Sunday on the intracoastal.

Or we just meet and make run along the intracoastal, light houses, etc on Saturday and Sunday. I'm open to either.

I wanted to just get a hotel reserved since the summer will be busy out there and some hotels are already sold out.

What does everyone think of that? Better to run up to New Bern or hang along the coast?
Are there docks at that hotel or u planning on loading each day?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Didnu mean the Beaufort inn?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I haven’t even looked for a ramp or anything. Just wanted to get a place booked. An cancel up to Jun 27.

Here’s location
A3D50430-F685-4852-AB67-8FCE8F112C33.png

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No idea if there’s a spot with a marina and docks to keep boat in the water. This is my first time going to this area so if there’s a better option I’m all ears. As I said, I just wanted to get a place reserved in case nothing better comes up

This picture looks like there’s a dock area there.....

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would love too, let me know the dates, later June is probably a bit better. Of course the thought of the ocean and a 19ft boat makes a bit nervous. Maybe it shouldn’t?
Thanks for the tag @Shookie
My 19 footer has been out there many times. Of course some of those times I puckered a bit and 1 or 2 I turned around and did something else. When Mike and I did it together with some others it was smooth as glass!