• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New boat issues overheat and connect screen rebooting

PirataCoqui

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
2023 222SE owner and posting partly to vent and partly to see if I can find an answer:

Issue number 1 and most concerning to me is that the last 2 times out we have had starboard engine overhead overheats after about 20 minutes varies throttles (not always full throttle, just to get it on plane) and after slowing down and moving slow through the water at my destination( 15+ feet of water), I have gotten starboard engine overhead.

Both times the pissers where both working fine, checked clean-up ports, and looked at the strainers from the back of the board and everything was clean. In both scenarios, we did some ZUP boarding at slowish speeds and never saw the overhead ahead for the remainder of the day. Both times I have found no smokin gun, which I am not sure if that is good or bad.

Other information that might be helpful:
-The connect screen tends to reboot randomly while in float mode when listening to bluetooth music with no apparent pattern. I have not seen the issue while listening to the radio.
-I had an overhead once while flushing over the winter while on the hose that I attributed to bad water pressure.

A little baffled at the overhead issue and after searching the site, I intent to remove the strainer to inspect, blow air from the pisser backwards to try clean anything... should I be checking something else?

Kinda mysterious that when I don't pressure the engine as much I don't see the overhead, and I can't tell if this has always been an issue as I got the boat over the winter and mostly did low speed runs since I had my babies on board.

Thanks in advance!

Other random things(My rear transom ladder fell off, my guess someone forgot to lock it into place), just ordered a new one. As far as the screen rebooting, could care less and will take it in when the time is right, but I mention it in the event that it might be related.

BTW, I am jet boat in many ways due to all the reading I have done on this forum, great community!

Last edited:

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Some type of auto correct for overheat?

Is there any type of weeds or sea grass growing in the water you boat in? It doesn't take much debris to get stuck on the impeller and aerate the water and not cool the engine properly the pissers still flow but that's not the best indication. Look in closely sometimes small wood chunks get wedged in and create overheat issues. Lay under the boat and reach up to feel around on the impeller blade and the general intake area see if the edges are all smooth on the impeller one rock sucked it can mess things up.

I think a recall is on the way for the screen

PirataCoqui

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Yes, it was meant to say overheat :). No weeds or grass, no recent rain ether.

Just saw the screen post, I would actually not care if that went unsolved all summer, although it looks to be getting worse. The overheat on the other hand does worry me.