• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New boat new radio

Oscar0421

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just recently sold my 2016 sx190 and bought a 2018 ar210. I really like to blast music and wanted your input on what to get. I plan to go with 4 jl mx650, 10” jl sub, 2 jl 7.7 tower speakers, Rockville six channel amp and a Rockville two channel amp. The six channel amp is rated 130x6 at 4ohms and the two channel amp is rated at 750x1 bridged at 4ohm.Will the stock infinity radio work? Will this be enough to listen to music while cruising down the lake?

Oscar0421

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why buy good speakers and power them with a junk amp, i would suggest a good class D amp and adding another battery.
I have a kenwood 5 channel amp. Would that be enough to run the 4 cabins and sub? I could get a 2 or 4 channel amp to run tower speakers.

Oscar0421

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you think I could do without the sub and just run a six channel amp to 4 in cabins and two towers? I am looking at this amp MB QUART NA540.6 540 RMS Watt 6-Channel Nautic Series Marine Boat Amplifier Amp.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I run 4 Rockford Fosgate M626 and a 10" infinite baffle Rockford Fosgate sub off of a Rockford Fosagate R600-4D, and my tower speakers off of another Rockford Fosgate R600-4D, it's loud and crystal clear.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just recently sold my 2016 sx190 and bought a 2018 ar210. I really like to blast music and wanted your input on what to get. I plan to go with 4 jl mx650, 10” jl sub, 2 jl 7.7 tower speakers, Rockville six channel amp and a Rockville two channel amp. The six channel amp is rated 130x6 at 4ohms and the two channel amp is rated at 750x1 bridged at 4ohm.Will the stock infinity radio work? Will this be enough to listen to music while cruising down the lake?
Go for JL 800/8 amp

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have two 8 inch kickers on the tower and Rockford amp. 4 cabin speakers are stock. I can “hear” the music fine cruising around at 40. I get way outclassed at the sandbar though. How loud do you want to be and how much you want to spend are the real question. Two tower speakers and anything besides what came stock will be enough to hear cruising. If you want to be one of the loudest boats around then your going to need some $$$$ and the quality stuff. Upgrade your battery if it hasn’t been done. My stock head unit battery gives me about 5 hours of music cranked with just the two towers/amp and stock cabin speakers. (If you plan on beaching and just hanging out with motors off)

Oscar0421

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have two 8 inch kickers on the tower and Rockford amp. 4 cabin speakers are stock. I can “hear” the music fine cruising around at 40. I get way outclassed at the sandbar though. How loud do you want to be and how much you want to spend are the real question. Two tower speakers and anything besides what came stock will be enough to hear cruising. If you want to be one of the loudest boats around then your going to need some $$$$ and the quality stuff. Upgrade your battery if it hasn’t been done. My stock head unit battery gives me about 5 hours of music cranked with just the two towers/amp and stock cabin speakers. (If you plan on beaching and just hanging out with motors off)
I just want something loud enough to hear while cruising and wakeboarding. The dealership installed a new battery when I bought it. I will eventually swap it out for a optima blue top battery.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just want something loud enough to hear while cruising and wakeboarding. The dealership installed a new battery when I bought it. I will eventually swap it out for a optima blue top battery.
I guess it will boil down to how much you want to spend. I’m not super familiar with all the different types/brands out there but JL is pretty good. Rockville is “lower” end, but I have no complaints with my Rockville amp. The set up above seems like it will provide plenty of volume. Check the head unit harness for RCAs connections. You are going to want a RCA for the sun and RCA for speakers. No idea what yours has. My stock Fusion harness “had” them but Yamaha cut and sealed them, so I had to buy another harness online. Was only $15. I think they only did that on the newer boats from what I’ve read here.

Oscar0421

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I bought 4- jl 6.5, 2- 8.8 jl tower speakers and a jl 10" sub. I have not bought the amps yet. I was told by a friend to buy soundstream mr5.2000d to run the 4- 6.5, sub and buy Soundstream ST4.1200D to run the tower speakers. He said to bridge the tower speakers. What do you guys think? Below are the specs of the amps.
MR5.2000D
Rubicon Nano 2,000 Watt 5 Channel Marine Amplifier
RMS Power 4Ω75 x 4 + 500 x 1
RMS Power 2Ω100 x 4 + 400 x 1
RMS Power 4Ω Bridged200 x 2 + 600 x 1 (2Ω)

ST4.1200D
Stealth Series 1,200w Class D 4ch. Amplifier
RMS Power 4Ω100 x 4
RMS Power 2Ω150 x 4
RMS Power 4Ω Bridged300 x 2