• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Boat Owner - Check Engine light has me Paranoid!

Irvs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Can you send me that info too? I'm running into the same issue. Played the stereo too long that my voltage dropped to 12.2vdc where it remained the whole time while returning to the dock. Got engine check lights....twice.
FYI, the source of my check engine light was an extremely drained battery.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You need to keep calling Yamaha and keep working your way up the ladder. Do you have a dated document from the day you dropped off the boat? This will help prove that they have been sitting on your boat for that period of time. Try working your way to upper management at the dealer -- calm and rational but firm discussions are usually going to get you way further than coming un-spooled on somebody.

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
took my boat out today for the first time and the check engine light came on. The story from Jeebus scares the hell out of me because so far I have not been impressed with Yamaha and their customer service so far. Now he is telling me he had to wait a freakin year + to get approval for a warranty claim? I have owned this boat for 3 weeks and it has been nothing but problems so far. Wondering if I should just return the boat.

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
just to add color and this was the 2nd time I took it out. I had the dealer put on thrust vectors and when I took it out for the first time I would not go into gear. So as far as I am concerned I am 0-2. Getting freakin pissed