• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Boat Owner Here

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
So we just purchased a 2012 Challenger 210 SE yesterday. So far we love the boat. I'm not sure of the maintenance frequency or recommended fluids. Any suggestions?

Is there anything I need to be aware of with these boats (known issues)?

Our previous boat was a '92 Ski Nautique. She was very particular about the engine and trans fluid used. Motor oil had to have higher levels of ZDDP due to it being a flat tappet engine.

I've worked on friend's Speedsters and GTXs, but I've never actually owned a Sea Doo. The only skis we've ever owned were Yamahas and Kawis.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard!

@DieselCamel, I believe you had a Challenger 210 perhaps you can help with the maintenance info.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Do you know what engines do you have?

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Do you know what engines do you have?
Twin 155 HP 1.5L

Just want to know what to keep an eye on. Common issues, maintenance frequency and type, etc.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Without the superchargers you won't have many of the big issues. I would just stay on top of the oil changes with the recommended oil and do spark plugs every year.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So we just purchased a 2012 Challenger 210 SE yesterday. So far we love the boat. I'm not sure of the maintenance frequency or recommended fluids. Any suggestions?

Is there anything I need to be aware of with these boats (known issues)?

Our previous boat was a '92 Ski Nautique. She was very particular about the engine and trans fluid used. Motor oil had to have higher levels of ZDDP due to it being a flat tappet engine.

I've worked on friend's Speedsters and GTXs, but I've never actually owned a Sea Doo. The only skis we've ever owned were Yamahas and Kawis.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I have the boat if yours has 430 hp. I have the oil and spark plugs changed at the beginning of the season. Pump lubed. That's pretty much it. Only issue I have had was on the way to bimini last year I sucked up some sea weed that clog the exhaust cooling system and melted the water box coupler but other than that has been problem free. 80 hours ish on it so far

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Thanks for the tips.

Another question: is there any way to loosen the throttle arm? It's so much more stiff than our old boat, we'd like to adjust it if possible.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@jpass : BIG WELCOME to you here, Son ! :Welcome:

So glad you discovered us, and hoping you find our Happy Home a good place to aid you ! :winkingthumbsup"

Best Wishes for a great Boating Year ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard! And congrats!

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the tips.

Another question: is there any way to loosen the throttle arm? It's so much more stiff than our old boat, we'd like to adjust it if possible.
Not really sure.