• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New boater in AL

Ghinson95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I grew up boating, but this is my first jet boat...still getting used to it. After being out twice so far, I've learned that being "Captain" for a family is exhausting. Getting boat ready, launch and recovery, keeping everyone safe, tubing on a crowded lake, 109 degree heat index....it's all exhausting. Making memories, though, and having a blast!

Attachments

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat and welcome to the Forum!

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Welcome to the board. I was on Lake Tuscaloosa yesterday, but the only other Yamaha I saw was a red AR210. There are a few members here that boat on Tuscaloosa that I'm aware of - @Bill D (his home lake) , @blacksapphirez and @haknslash . My home lake is Mitchell, but if I don't want to fight I65 traffic Tuscaloosa has become my goto...we're just up the road in Hoover. I you haven't yet, consider joining the Alabama Jet Boaters group on Facebook. Have fun.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
see my sig for the facebook group! @DBamaC Tuscaloosa this saturday? :)

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Ghinson95! That's a great looking boat you've got there.

We're often out on Tuscaloosa, usually anchored back in Carroll's creek or surfing up by Appling Bend. We have a black 242, but like @DBamaC said, it's not uncommon for us to have three or four Yami's tied up together.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@Ghinson95 - Looks like if the weather is good, we might be at Tuscaloosa this Saturday. Stop by and say hello.

@Bill D and @blacksapphirez - I donated an anchor to our spot on by the island on Carroll's Creek. I average loosing about one a year. :mad: ...and that's why I don't spend $150 on a box anchor.

It would be interesting to see if @Ghinson95 's '21 can stay with @blacksapphirez 's abnormally fast '24

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
you don't need an anchor..tie the boat to your self while swimming LoL

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Tie it to me? Heck no, I've got a teenager. I'll tie it to him...who needs horsepower?

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
1 Trent Power lol

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@DBamaC You should have tied a buoy to it and we could have made it a mooring ball. Lol

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Making it a mooring would have worked! I fooled around 20-30 minutes trying to figure out and angle that would break me loose. That thing was in there.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dang that would be nice having a mooring ball there :D

Welcome to the forum @Ghinson95 and that's a sharp looking boat you got! ROLL TIDE!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ghinson95 - I realize I'm a little late to the party (as usual) but welcome to the club!

All the great guys you've already met hold down the lakes up there and are a great resource of knowledge.

Let me know if you ever decide to come down to the beach and get some salt on that nice boat of yours. We boat year- round down here!

Hell I'll buy the first round - see you then.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad to meet up and your crew @Ghinson95 . That white color style sure does make it look very clean! I knew when you broke out the cigars that @DBamaC wasn't going to be too far behind ya :D

@Bennie we are tossing around the idea of a "kickoff to summer" gathering/event for next season more than likely at Lake Martin. Y'all should definitely try and make it up! We are growing and had 8 Yami's tied up last Saturday!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I saw that! Very nice. Unfortunately our schedules never seem to match up.

Do you have an idea on the date for the season kickoff gathering? I might be able to manipulate my work schedule so we can go and finally meet everyone.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We are only in the month of June so far.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds good man. I don't know my schedule for next year yet. ( I work offshore 2 weeks away, 2 weeks at home) But we change it every year to swap out the holidays.

Hopefully I'll get to meet up with the group at some point.