• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New boater - just committed to 2020 212x

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Didn’t know that. So issues with the E series?
yup! Ballast issues with filling and draining, and various BCU comm issues seem to be quite common. Most are solved with turning off the batteries for a period of time, but no thanks to weird electrical gremlins. I've got enough with my 212x I'd rather not add more. Mine have generally been small (i.e. GPS will freak out and not read, speedo generally goes with it, every now and again it'll give my a big ERR across the screen). Not terribly often, and it'll start and run fine. Turning the motors off and on again clears it. It normally manifests when we're constantly starting and stopping the motors for wake boarding/surfing. It'll do it once out of like 30-50 starts.