• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New boater question for cleaning

Mikem

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello everyone, I'm a new user and also new to boating. I am buying my first boat, a 2012 Yamaha 242 Limited S in a few days and I have one question / concern which I can't seem to navigate. The boat has 160 hours, 2012 year, and appears to have all service done by a dealer. The boat was in the water the last year or so and has build up near at the back only near the jets and intake area. Please see attached photos.

My question, should I be concerned with this or is it mostly cosmetic at this stage? Second question, other than a wire brush or similar, is there a simple way to remove this build up? Will any product make this an easier task?

Thank you for your help!

IMG_0650.JPGIMG_0647.JPGIMG_0649.JPGIMG_0617.JPGIMG_0615.JPG

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To me it does not look that bad. I would just make sure the gates move up and down freely and the steering works freely. That tells you the condition of the cables. If possible, I would not leave it in the water after use.

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It's not that bad. Purely cosmetic. Get some on and off. Spray it on and then hose it off. I guarantee most of that will come off.

Mikem

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks guys, I appreciate the info. Are you referring to MaryKate On and Off product?
1590511134463.png

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm sure its all the same stuff, but I used EZ on EZ off sold on Walmart for $23 shipped for a gallon.

Just be super careful when you use it. It works great but make sure you wear gloves and use eye protection.

My pumps on my 2012 looked worse than that after wet slipping in fresh water. This stuff works like magic.

Jane305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Grady White
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Marykate works great, the Marykate hull cleaner is made of a very strong phosphoric acid which allows it to completely take away the rust from iron or fiberglass boat bottoms. It can also remove calcium really well too